Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern
I think it's understandable for people to be dismayed about the Korvara update being announced in the way that it is. Like Appo said, this is allegedly in response to players wanting to have more impact on the world at large than what they have; but much of the negative response I've heard has to do with that impact being somewhere that has nothing to do with all the players have been roleplaying, and all the lore has been getting built up for many years now.

It's kinda like pining after the oil canvas behind the glass display at the arts-n-crafts shop for a long time, then for your birthday, you get an etch-a-sketch. Etch-a-sketches are nice, sure, and yeah, you got it because the gift-giver realized you were into art- But it's not really what you were looking for.

Doesn't mean korvara's gonna be a bad thing, though. Worst case scenario, it just becomes relatively barren after a month or two, and plans go back to the drawing board. Best case scenario, the game world expands in a lovely way. I'm glad to see lots of positivity in that direction, also.

I think, more than anything, the community just needs to be a little self-aware. I don't think asking people in a general sense to rise up and make content to get Korvara going will amount to much, and chastising people for feeling skeptical is just polarizing. Being accommodating of one another's concerns and interests is fundamental to a healthy RP space. So try not to dismiss each other's concerns.

My only thoughts on the combat angle that I'll be dropping here is- Yeah. I agree that combat is a mess right now. And that's going to affect Korvara's system negatively. For grinding, I don't imagine it'll take long for players to get up to level 60 if there's no level caps, and if scaling Black Doors or Static Dungeons exist. Those area already ifs though, which is why it's hard to speculate too much.

that's all i got
[-] The following 7 users Like Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Fern, Hiazro, Miller, Sawrock, Shadbase, Shujin, Snake

Messages In This Thread
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Poruku - 02-03-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-03-2022, 09:04 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Maksimum_Fire - 02-06-2022, 12:04 AM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-06-2022, 07:00 PM