Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern
(02-04-2022, 08:01 PM)WaifuApple Wrote: Sniiiip
Honestly I agree with most of this. There a few things that annoy me about the idea of Kovara, which is mostly a me thing.

For Example, I am one of the people that generally sticks to a very small roster, most of the time even just one Character.
SL2 has this very Limited growth system, that can be maxed out in like...2 days if you are quick, 4-5 days if you take your time but know what you are doing.

So I am always frustrated with "being done" with my character in the "Game part" of the game. (RP is on another page, and would possibly be adressed in Kovara)

If its the same experience then it will be interesting for a bit, since its all new, but if the core remains the same it will eventually become dull again, is what I am concerned about.

Another thing that is MOST certainly a me thing is...Well, I am basically soft banned from SL2 public RP with my character, and I am not really into making a new one.
Well not banned, but you know? If you need to walk on glass shards that even sneezing at someone could get you ICly executed, its kinda not worth risking and the rest of the world is just not populated.

I have absolutely no qualms with starting from zero, because atleast for a short while I would feel the path of progression again, but I do certainly find it disapointing that I can't, since I can't be in Sigrogana, go to Kovara with the character instead (Starting from Zero of course)
Again, certainly a me problem but it adds up to my limited expectations to the thing as much as I love the idea and want to be positive about it. 

That doesn't mean I won't give it a try, I just temper my expectations. Less disapointment in the end.

@Autumn
Genuine Question, because I simply haven't played a second since the latest revision.

Is it still basically (in short, I know its a tiny bit more complex)
Always Either absolutely overtuned or undertuned with no inbetween whenever no Autohits are invovled but Tanks being universally always the better Option either way?
I think such things can dampen the experience a lot for Kovara as it heavily limits "Valid" choices of character playstyles in the game aspect.

I remember how insanely hard dungeons were with these changes if you weren't a tank, at the higher levels. This isn't just a PvP concern.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • HaTeD

Messages In This Thread
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Poruku - 02-03-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-03-2022, 09:04 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Shujin - 02-06-2022, 12:34 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-06-2022, 07:00 PM