Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Rain buff idea
Considering red rain's main use currently is to waste 5% of your hp, it would be nice to see it become a real tool to stack claret calls. As it is currently, you're lucky if you get 2-4 applications out of it to your intended target. Not only is it easy to avoid, it's not really worth avoiding :^)

keep it at 3m, 5% hp cost, no fp cost
1: Red rain affects the entire battlefield for 2+rank rounds
2: Applies claret call three times on cast and every round

Considering claret call is only +1 damage per hit, I wouldn't say this is too strong. It would combo strongly with rebound, yes, but there are much more efficient ways to do this (I.E. the blood spells) that do more than just stack clarets. If you're gonna spend 5% hp just to get claret calls, it might as well do so reliably and stack multiple of them. Besides, red rain across the battlefield! That's cool!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Hiazro
(02-03-2022, 09:39 PM)Poruku Wrote: 2: Applies claret call three times on cast and every round

Already I can see the potential of it being strong in a crowded battlefield for ghosts addicted to RES while still retaining more or less the same investment as blood spikes. Three times is a bit much considering the existence of fitting form (which, at 3, is just 9 lv of CC application every round), IMO. Maybe have the hp percentage reduction increased or just make it so that for every item at 5 weight and below cost an additional hp cost if you do have fitting form.

(02-03-2022, 09:39 PM)Poruku Wrote: no fp cost

Uh, why not? I think there should be an FP cost still, you're still manipulating the blood in your skin and spreading them all around the battlefield. It's blood magic, and it wouldn't make sense for them to not cost FP.

(02-03-2022, 09:39 PM)Poruku Wrote: 1: Red rain affects the entire battlefield for 2+rank rounds.

Red rain affecting the entire battlefield is.. uh, I'll just say it gets to the point that it might as well be an invocation spell of its own lol. With all of this said, I'd like to see red rain buffed or at least see it being made good enough for it to be a consideration when looking at ghost class on the drawing board - but not something that you must have.
Two ideas:

Red Rain becomes a Pseudo-Invocation.
- Costs 6M+
- Costs 20% of your maximum HP.
- All battle tiles become Red Rain. It can still be dismissed by certain effects such as Air Pressure.
- Every round it inflicts Claret Call normally, no changes. But if an enemy already has Claret Call, it additionally deals Water and Dark damage X times (X = Rising Game LV) scaling on (Claret Call LV * 2).
- Duration becomes a maximum of (Rank) rounds.

Red Rain generates around the Ghost every round start, instead.
- Instead of being a localized and sluggish field effect, it merely spawns on top of the Ghost every round start.
- Every round it inflicts Claret Call normally, no changes. But if an enemy already has Claret Call, it additionally deals Water and Dark magic damage X times (X = Rising Game LV) scaling on (Claret Call LV * 2).
- While in a tile with Blood Rain, all HP costs for Ghost skills are halved. This also affects friendly Ghosts!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's true that my suggested buffs were kind of intense. That invocation suggestion is kinda cool, however, I would just like a way to do some long-range low investment claret calls. I think it being map wide and a minor effect like one or two application every round would be just fine. There's already a lot of ways to apply a lot of claret calls quickly. So I think if the skill is literally "just apply some claret calls over time and pay hp to do that" it's not undeserved to make it look good in terms of what it's actually doing. Because it doesn't do any damage and costs 3m, what it's doing isn't that strong as a concept unless it's pumped up