Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength and Guile all the While
Change crit damage modifiers on weapons to be a range, not a flat amount. For example, if a sword has a range of 1-100, it has 1% chance of multiplying your damage by 1.01, 1% chance of multiplying your damage by 2, and 1% of multiplying your damage by any result between those two (as there are 100 different possible results).

Some weapon type examples:

Axes: 0-30
Spears: 5-25
Swords: 10-20
Bows: 5-25
Guns: They can no longer crit.
Fists: They only crit when a gun’s crit would have activated.
Tomes: 60-61

Each point of scaled strength would increase the crit maximum range by 1. For example, having 50 scaled strength would result in an axe range of 0-80.

Each point of scaled guile would increase the crit minimum range. If this pushes the minimum past the maximum, they both increase. For example, having 50 scaled guile would result in a sword range of 60-60.

Each point of scaled defense would decrease the scaled maximum by 1 (defensively). For example, against an opponent with no strength or guile, having 5 scaled defense would result in an axe range of 0-25 against you.

Each point of scaled celerity would decrease the scaled minimum by 1 (defensively). For example, against an opponent with no strength or guile, having 5 scaled celerity would result in a sword range of 5-20 against you.

The scale cannot go below 0.

Liches no longer have immunity to crits; instead, instead of defense and celerity, their defensive crit stats are resistance and sanctity, respectively.

Give black knights (or perhaps just soldiers) a skill that lets them use vitality instead of celerity for the range calculations. The same with rogues with luck (replacing defense) and curates with faith (replacing whichever of the two that their god feels more like picking on that specific day).

Make adaptability ignore this system, provided you have more than 5 unscaled adaptability over your opponent.

Remove nelten.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Tana
This seems a touch complicated and all, but I do kind of like the idea of it.

Other than fists not being able to crit, boo.

However, I feel like it would end up not being appreciably too different from how it is now? But I haven't run any exact numbers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tana's post:
  • Sawrock
(02-27-2022, 10:43 AM)Tana Wrote: This seems a touch complicated and all, but I do kind of like the idea of it.

Other than fists not being able to crit, boo.

However, I feel like it would end up not being appreciably too different from how it is now? But I haven't run any exact numbers.
To be honest, my 1am brain wrote this thread and looking back on it it still makes crit builds want to pump guile and strength as they have been. I guess it was more to write the idea out more than having an idea I support be posted.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]