Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chimera transformation
Seeing as how chimeras can be created using a living being, I think it would be cool if it was added to a list of transformations in the LE book. Who would be eligible? Probably everyone who can turn into lich or vampire. Maybe more.
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes adamkad1's post:
  • Akame
Considering that I know that some players have already done this by copy/pasting a character (see: vampires) into a chimera I really prefer that this not be an option.

I've never seen so many new made-up lore than all the other races combined in SL2 that homunculi as a whole has done as a newcomer.
[Image: tenor.gif]
(03-10-2022, 01:57 PM)K Peculier Wrote: Considering that I know that some players have already done this by copy/pasting a character (see: vampires) into a chimera I really prefer that this not be an option.

I've never seen so many new made-up lore than all the other races combined in SL2 that homunculi as a whole has done as a newcomer.
I dont quite get it
Homunculi are a special nature that are defined by their origin, chimera specifically are considered a fusion based race, but given that homunculi are very often artifically created through a shell, I can't see anyone just transforming into one without just dying (Which is the argument for why Dullahans are not selectable in the legend extension menu)
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)Autumn Wrote: Homunculi are a special nature that are defined by their origin, chimera specifically are considered a fusion based race, but given that homunculi are very often artifically created through a shell, I can't see anyone just transforming into one without just dying (Which is the argument for why Dullahans are not selectable in the legend extension menu)
Well, according to peeps on lore channel you can make homunculi with a living being, but they are supposed to lose memory of who they were before. And homunculi can be feasibly created by player characters, dullahan creation is out of that scope though I think.
(03-10-2022, 05:23 PM)adamkad1 Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)Autumn Wrote: Homunculi are a special nature that are defined by their origin, chimera specifically are considered a fusion based race, but given that homunculi are very often artifically created through a shell, I can't see anyone just transforming into one without just dying (Which is the argument for why Dullahans are not selectable in the legend extension menu)
Well, according to peeps on lore channel you can make homunculi with a living being, but they are supposed to lose memory of who they were before. And homunculi can be feasibly created by player characters, dullahan creation is out of that scope though I think.

As per my last post, I never said it was impossible either, we're not exactly sure what is being described as a living being, the beasts which form it, or the shell itself. Which needs to be further elaborated.

Quote:- (Does anything else go into the creation of a chimera beyond the parts listed on the lore page?) Chimeras are not an exact science - they can be created by fusing different monster races, although they may lack some of the 'evolving' capabilities.

This seems to imply that chimera made outside of the most used methods are possible, though not quite having as much potential.

[Image: plU5Dbi.png]

As far as we know, their shells are so malleable and quick to evolve and change because of the black beasts they are made of, which already in of itself are very odd creatures comparatively to the rest of the world's inhabitants.

Its easy for player opinion to snake its way in, but in truth we don't know a whole lot about Chimera.
(03-10-2022, 05:46 PM)Autumn Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 05:23 PM)adamkad1 Wrote:

As per my last post, I never said it was impossible either, we're not exactly sure what is being described as a living being, the beasts which form it, or the shell itself. Which needs to be further elaborated.

Quote:- (Does anything else go into the creation of a chimera beyond the parts listed on the lore page?) Chimeras are not an exact science - they can be created by fusing different monster races, although they may lack some of the 'evolving' capabilities.

This seems to imply that chimera made outside of the most used methods are possible, though not quite having as much potential.

[Image: plU5Dbi.png]

As far as we know, their shells are so malleable and quick to evolve and change because of the black beasts they are made of, which already in of itself are very odd creatures comparatively to the rest of the world's inhabitants.

Its easy for player opinion to snake its way in, but in truth we don't know a whole lot about Chimera.
Yeah... And Dev is too busy to answer our questions right now. But since homunculi are defined as 'fusion based' It likely means that they are 'fused' from different parts, which could include a person with homunculus parts. Like this part seems to assume you make a chimera out of something living 'Typically, only fusion-based homunculi can reproduce, and only with species they were compatible with before fusion.'
They can happen like Shaitan. They pay the same price as Shaitan (No memories. Effective new person)

. .. Why aren't they creatable by LE like Shaitan? Seems a pretty obvious oversight. The only difference is instead of Cthulian nightmares from beyond the veil tainting you, a wizard playing god fuses you with monsters.
I think it's because Homunculi can't be mass produced the same way Corrupted can in certain circumstances. Homunculi requires a handler or Albedo Agent behind their creation and a lot of resources at hand, it shouldn't be something as simple as going to the doctor for PP-Up surgery. Unlike a Shaitan, which is 'just walk into funny uncharted place and be back warped beyond belief'.

Most of the LE options are arguably considered 'suicide options' in a sense, and Chimera doesn't really seem like suicide to me, more like assisted suicide. It might be to promote RP over the current mechanics. But this also brings up a concern of mine. Why GMs can't monitor/change races for special situations such as these and Dullahan.

Because lemme be honest. Imagine the amount of cringe people going "WAAA ALBIDEO KIDNEPID MI AND TURNED ME INTO A KIMERA.... I MUST KILL ALBIDEO FOR MY REVENGE PLOTLYNE..."
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
dont be fun police

no lore is exempt from interpretation that has been as loose as devlore and that goes even for things that might happen off screen or as a backstory. if devlore can support it, then let it be. Mechanically? Only comes down to dev's decision to implement it and as of right now there is no way. Logically? Losing all of your memories and identity seems pretty concrete to the point where a restart on a slot would be required. Though no one should have to go through arduous lengths to recover the amount of time dedicated to a slot. Let it be part of LE book. QoL, Ease of concept, torches and pitchforks. tired of pointless restrictions in what is supposed to be creative writing
[-] The following 1 user Likes HaTeD's post:
  • Kazzy