Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fortunite is blatantly overpowered
It's no secret that the fortunite magic stone is not only the most powerful stone, but also one of the most broken things in the game.

With one momentum, you can negate 60% of incoming damage until your next turn, plus avoiding all on-hits, inflictions, or other such effects. The only cost is a stone. This effect allows many builds, especially non-evade/non-fleur builds, to essentially extend a fight by one turn on demand, giving them a massive advantage. 

The only reason this item doesn't dominate the "meta" is people don't want to use something so broken. It's widely considered unethical, and not really worth using in pve since it takes some effort to make them.

Fortunite (and the corresponding staff) requires a nerf. I'm honestly surprised it isn't being discussed on the forums.

Suggestion:

- Increase the momentum cost to 3 or 4
4m is a bit much of a nerf, even in its current form. The most busted part about fortunite isn't even the 1m forced glancing (which basically means spamming them is straight up better than actually playing a dodge), but the fact it's an even BETTER form of dodge since it glances normally unglancable effects such as poison and evasion ignores. While I'm sure that part of emergency evasion is just bugged, it means the only counterplay to the item is to literally wait it out, or pop your own.

If fortunite were to keep its ability to glance literally everything, then yeah, it could be a 3m stone easily. That makes using it a bit more of a commitment in your action economy while still having viable use as a consumable item.

If you were to remove the "bugged" aspect of it though, I'd say that it would be fair to place it at 2m honestly. Yes, while I hate current fortunite with every fiber of my being, being just a forced glancing item for 2m would honestly be fine enough to put it in check. 2m means you can't use two 3m actions on non-crit builds. Maybe even cap the number of hits it can force to glance to 2-3 before it falls off.

The third option is a bit of a different one, and would involve a reworking of the item to stay as a 1-2m button. This solution would involve changing emergency evasion away from forcing glance to simply adding ~75 evade (that bypasses cap) on the initial hit roll of each attack made. This means that a dodge character using this will get the ability to force the glance like before, but the second hit check is entirely reliant on their own stats. At the same time, this stops tanks from abusing this to become doomwalls as they currently are. This rework will still solve the above issue, but also addresses how much better tanks are at using it than dodge, while giving the latter a crutch tool vs hit stacked things in a pinch.

At the end of the day, remember it's still a consumable item (a fairly expensive one at that), so it needs at least some strength behind it lest it becomes a wasted slot/action compared to just using something like a PR. At the same time, it absolutely cannot stay in its current form as even a single fortunite use can turn a losing battle into a hard win in just 1m.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • HaTeD
Fortunite probably just needs to be changed away from glancing, or the evasion system will eventually be reworked, I'd wait to see on this one personally.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • HaTeD, Snake
Those are some good suggestions, frankly I didn't come to this with much of an idea in mind for what a nerf should look like, so I'm glad you brought a lot of good ideas to the table.

I like all of these honestly. 2m and removing the part that makes it ignore evasion rules (i.e. damage over time, field effects, and evasion ignoring) would be my favourite solution. Removing the "bugged" part as you said is, I think, kind of necessary just because it feels so unintuitive (let me just *dodge* the poison that's already in my system)
I think that the cap ignoring one time evade buff is a nice idea to stop tanks from abusing it, but I still think that should cost 3m. I envision a 1-2 momentum version of that still being the best possible thing you could do every single turn on a crit build. That would make it a 3m action to try and avoid another 3m action, but the power would come from situationally using it to full dodge powerful attacks or stall out certain buffs/debuffs or mechanics for a turn.
(03-31-2022, 05:09 PM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: The third option is a bit of a different one, and would involve a reworking of the item to stay as a 1-2m button. This solution would involve changing emergency evasion away from forcing glance to simply adding ~75 evade (that bypasses cap) on the initial hit roll of each attack made. This means that a dodge character using this will get the ability to force the glance like before, but the second hit check is entirely reliant on their own stats. At the same time, this stops tanks from abusing this to become doomwalls as they currently are. This rework will still solve the above issue, but also addresses how much better tanks are at using it than dodge, while giving the latter a crutch tool vs hit stacked things in a pinch.

I support this idea
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
I'm with Autumn on this one. The problem here is more fundamental than we think.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • FatherCrixius