Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Height Request - Mentha
Applicable BYOND Key - HumanSuperiority
Character Name - Mentha
Request Type - Height
Request Details -  Requesting permission for height between 3'2 -3'4
Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - To fit with the type of Doriad concept I have in mind, if that's at all possible
Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - I'm brand new here so I can't really give much outside of my thought from reading up on the race and browsing the wiki and the various regions. But I was hoping to make a sickly short Doriad from the mountainous regions of Egqyn where the Corbie prefer to live. Since a Doriad is born from a tree as if they're emerging out of it, I thought the combination of the timberline halting the growth of the trees could be a neat concept as I assume the winds/etc are harsher in the regions the Corbie live. Along with the lack of carbon to nurture, and of course the lack of quality soil due to less decaying matter.

It's also a side note, but I thought it could be an interesting enough hook to have a Doriad that grew in these conditions to be good aligned especially towards Corbi. Because of unknowing Corbie eating mint leaves in the area, and adding just enough decaying matter into the soil to enable the trees to survive. Though that's of course just me assuming the bird people like things like mint leaves, because I've always known Starlings and few other birds to enjoy it. This is of course not really tied to the characters height, but I figured sharing my idea for the character in full might help.
Could you post the playby you intend to use with this kind of height?

Does your character have any goals or purpose outside of just starting out at this height?
[Image: tenor.gif]
Just like goals/purposes in general? Well I thought maybe gathering and spreading around mint plants in general could be fun, could even maybe get a few roleplay hooks out of it since mint can spread like a weed and choke out other small plants. Or it could anything else really if I can get a good understanding of what Corbie like to eat, the explanation of it would just change depending on what we're talking about. Could be meat, beer, an oddly specific brand of soda pop from down the street I dunno.

Outside of that base desire, I'd like to keep things rather clean so the character can hopefully develop organically through interactions. Or on the off chance this was a question about what the goal would be because of the characters height, the answer would be there is none and I just thought a short character would be neat.

Also here's the picture I found that seemed to fit enough.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As your character doesn't seem like they have huge goals that would really need combat, I'll be willing to approve this if it's essentially a child character which you would have to adhere to the rules I'll type down below. If you don't intend to roleplay as a child character you should just go with a normal height.

Child Character Rules:

* If your character is considered to be a child or pre-teen, they must behave like one. They can't be powerful or all-knowing, nor act like mature adults in child's bodies. This includes being a master craftsman before the age of 13, or becoming an expert in any particular field. (You can still mechanically grind a crafter, just don't reference it ICly until you've aged up.)

* No serious IC combat. Children are weak and won't be able to defend themselves, no matter their upbringing. You can still RP combat as a student of some form, but your abilities will not be mechanically viable and you should not be fighting mechanically in IC. (This is to avoid a level cap, so you can still enjoy the mechanics of the game OOCly)

* No sexualized content of any kind regarding or in reference to the child character, on or off game
[Image: tenor.gif]