Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickness readjustment
Quickness (Curate) was nerfed a very long time ago to assist with the youkai mobility creep it presented as an option to a lot of summoners, being able to cast Mass > Quickness on an entire group of allies was simply too effective, but what about its single targeted usage? The buff is practically only a drop in the bucket compared to the likes of Western Wind.

Therefore, I'd like to suggest that Quickness provide a bonus to MOV equal to its rank (+5 at max rank), but this bonus is halved when used with mass, this way an entire youkai army isn't riding up on anyone in any range again like in the past.

Thanks for reading.
I don't like both of Curate's stat buff parts by themselves. They're not really that game changing and honestly have been overly nerfed because the only argument it had against it is how 'youkai are too swole with it'. Still, I feel like it reaped from its core identity, so I'll have to pitch that there's no real notable difference in potency from a 'support-oriented' class to any other class around with utility buffs.

Seeing 'Mass' just chop this in the liver when Mass is supposed to be a momentum economy maneuver feels a bit unfair. What if I want to actually invest some momentum into getting all my allies beefy? There's Pray, which costs all your momentum for a prolonged buff. Perhaps it could interact with it?

How about this:

Quickness
- Grants +4 MOV, Grants LV/2 Evade and Critical Evade for the duration. (LV = Rank * 5)
- Mass: If you are not under the effect of Pray, the effect is replaced with Quickness (Minor) instead.

Quickness (Minor)
- Grants +2 MOV, Grants LV/4 Evade and LV/2 Critical Evade for the duration. (LV = Rank * 5)
- This effect will be replaced with Quickness if the target is enhanced with Quickness while this is active.

Invigoration
- Grants 10% damage, LV Hit and LV/2 Focus Regeneration for the duration. (LV = Rank * 5)
- Mass: If you are not under the effect of Pray, the effect is replaced with Invigoration (Minor) instead.

Invigoration (Minor)
- Grants 5% damage, LV/2 Hit and LV/4 Focus Regeneration for the duration. (LV = Rank * 5)
- This effect will be replaced with Invigoration if the target is enhanced with Invigoration while this is active.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I mean, pray is 6 momentum, it's only really useful in rare situations when the fp is useful.

I think invigorate and quickness could simply use some changes to make them more modern and in line with brighten, a wonderful spell. They're just outdated, nobody cares about such a small stat buff

Invigoration could give some raw power, while quickness gives move speed and evasion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Snake
(05-03-2022, 05:07 PM)Snake Wrote: Snip

Generally agree that the buffs are pretty lackluster, diminishing returns make them near useless on the stat department.
I wish we had an actual dedicated buffing class/promo for Curate, with actually good buffs/debuffs and more options. They fall under the same problem as stat buffing potions. 

I wouldn't take away the flat stat bonus though, as some builds prefer those over %increase of damage, but instead apply it to the base stat so its useful for everyone. (Meaning raising the softcap by that number) Maybe some additional interactions with Pacifist over just longer duration, cause no one cares if you deal ~5 damage more for 8 turns or have like 1 Evade more and 2 move. Barely worth the momentum at all.
If it applies directly to the softcap the evade/damage buff is conistent for most, and even then only useful for specific people.

In short: Curate buffs have been pretty much useless for years now. Please make them fun and interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Snake