Poll: Which would be the best PvP mercenary to have ICly?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
GOBLINS (They respect you)
8.51%
4 8.51%
Undead (Wannabe necromancer)
19.15%
9 19.15%
Grindylows because im boring
2.13%
1 2.13%
Beasts (Mankind blaming)
10.64%
5 10.64%
Jammers (I pretend they are girls)
12.77%
6 12.77%
Fireblood (I wish to explode)
4.26%
2 4.26%
Plants (Mystery of the druids)
8.51%
4 8.51%
Bandits (Heres a little lesson in trickery)
21.28%
10 21.28%
Spatials (I have been reading questionable comics)
6.38%
3 6.38%
Ocean (I carry an aquarium with me on my back)
6.38%
3 6.38%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Mercenaries + Mercenaries PvP Mode
Ok hear me out friends. 

Have you ever been to an event and thought the mobs in fights were too hard/easy? But the event staff can do nothing but add-on to the chaos with only wacky buffs?

Or even for the case of all event-staff where you painstakingly hand-craft your beautiful baby boy of a monster, only for them to all use a single move against players?

And to add on to the cherry on top with official groups such as the Imperial/Onigan/Church Knights/etc groups not having anyway to back up their character without having other players online.

The obviously best solution(WIP) is giving the event tools a way to add those custom monsters unto their list as well as giving players their very own little minions to boss around to their doom with a natural addition of a PvP mode to include mercenaries (leader only) into their fights just like how stylish is another optional mode to a PvP fight.

Players who obtain the custom mercenaries would naturally adhere to the IC rule on using them only for certain situations as well as the mobs being created by a GM/Eventmin being tested out properly first.

The dream goal would be for eventmins to be able to fine-tune control several 'boss' characters instead of having a giant doom mob of hell, allowing for more interesting fights and fun. 

Players having IC-friendly backup as well would be very paramount to creating conflict RP outside of needing any staff in the first place. (Guards/Necromancer Minions/Ducknecks)

Quote:Caveats: "BUT KPEC, WOULDN'T A PVP MODE WITH MERCENARIES JUST HAVE VETERAN PLAYERS ABUSE CERTAIN OP MOBS AS THE META LIKE GRINDYLOWS AND INVOCATION MOBS?"

Yeah probably. Maybe those guys should think of a more interesting way to cheese fights in the first place. If people think winning is the most important thing in the world then let them have it.

Personally I would love to hear the ridiculous reasons people have certain mobs with them at all times like an entourage of snakemen or undead without roleplaying them as 'shadows' and very convincing `robots` or something else absurd.

This suggestion has very likely been posted somewhere before but I'd like to hear everyone's latest thoughts about it.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Akame, Pyro, Snake
Heart 
As someone who plays a petty thief character, being able to lure unsuspecting souls into dark alleyways just to have her victims get jumped by NPC bandits would be really awesome.

Love
the idea for creative purposes. Heart
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Akame's post:
  • K Peculier
Oh my god yes please. This would allow us The People to run some interesting content like villains and stuff without needing a whole event centered around it. I mean just right now I made a bandit character who lives in Gold but if I had a small group of bandits with me that would suddenly become a really cool thing to LFG about! Then you could have adventurers come to the desert and beat me up and stuff. Being alone in such things really takes away from the significance of the character. Lackeys make people take you seriously!

I can think of many many ways of using this in the future as well. Just give players the opportunity to host their own mini events and suddenly we're talking shop with much more opportunity for content. Not to mention you would not need to go through days of grinding just to get killed. Make a quick leader character, lfg somewhere, get those mercs, get your ass kicked, and boom that's content baby everyone wins. Maybe we can finally get some more consistent antagonism in the world that isn't just a single person doing ganks, or a massive plotline with way too much on the line where people don't wanna lose their character
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • K Peculier
Can we also fix how Dullahans/Animated Swords work? Not the normal mobs but the ones that you actually create by using Armors/weapons?

Its so disapointing that they are so much weaker than normal mobs, with no skills and ontop of that actually permanently die upon dropping to zero health, but their Mechanic of actually taking the used armor/weapons effect is so cool though u.u

Also my Favorite Mercenary Team?

Ice Giants. Get that Wrestling team!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • K Peculier
(05-24-2022, 08:46 AM)Akame Wrote: As someone who plays a petty thief character, being able to lure unsuspecting souls into dark alleyways just to have her victims get jumped by NPC bandits would be really awesome.

Love
the idea for creative purposes. Heart

Couldn't have said it better myself. Bandits was a no-brainer for me, i'm tryna catch somebody in an alley saying "Git'em bois." And watch their goons work.