Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Kensei] Absolute Worthless, a rethonkening
(06-16-2022, 05:53 PM)Snake Wrote: These buffs last too short, and their debuffs too. So I'm requesting just a single round worth of bumping on their duration, plus an additional effect that stacks per use of Absolute Death/Fear/Pace that makes Kensei more fun imo. Working all the way up for a big secret finisher move like a true samurai should be.

Quote:Absolute Death
Base duration of Marked for Death should be increased to 2.

- (Rank 3) New Effect: Grants 'Resolve' to the Kensei for 5 rounds. (Resolve makes Kensei Combos inflict or stack Lingering Damage (Slash) with a LV of 15, for 3 rounds. Max LV = Kensei Level + 40.)
lvl 75 lingering is much too high and will heavily change the tide of battle even against tanks not to mention the already 2 hit quit evade builds. Hard disagree here for the new effect. 
Quote:Absolute Fear
Base duration of all effects should be increased to 2.

- (Rank 3) New Effect: Grants 'Pressure' to the Kensei for 5 rounds. (Pressure makes any damage taken from any enemy (who is Feared or Hesitating), if not Evaded, become a Glancing Blow. Once per enemy, per Fear and per Hesitation on them, max. 2 times.)
Reflavored fortunite is also a really bad idea for balance. On demand fear and hesitation applications are abound and just because its once or twice takes away from the rng already in place. Once is enough to sway advantage and this is very abusable.
Quote:Absolute Pace
Base duration of Battle Flow should be 5 rounds.

- (Rank 3) New Effect: Grants 'Intent' to the Kensei for 5 rounds. (Intent makes it so if an enemy inflicted with Battle Flow targets you while you have NO Momentum, you will nullify the attack, teleport to them and counter-attack with Kagekiri (Kensei Combo version). Once per enemy.)
You're out of your mind. ^\/
Quote:Sheath Sword
Changed from 3M+ to 1M+
Changed from 5 SP to 3 SP
Quickdraw's bonus Hit and Damage changed to 10 per Rank.

- New Effect: If you are under the effects of Resolve, Pressure and Intent, and have Hidden Cut equipped, triggering Hidden Cut will instantly kill non-player, non-boss enemies; Otherwise it will deal bonus damage based on the enemy's missing HP (2.5% damage per 1% HP missing), afterwards the listed buffs will be removed and the enemy will be debuffed with 'Steadfast Mind' for 2 rounds. (Steadfast Mind prevents Sakki/Touki/Kenki to be inflicted on the unit for the duration.)

What do y'all think? This is the redone version of the latest with notable changes now that I could think more about it. Cricitism is welcome, and honestly if Boxer can be an NPC instakill class with such a linear build up that's now even more easier now due to Kragenfleur and Schwarz Sturm changes, why can't a class with a literal deadly sword and its only theme being based on killing things not?

It fixes the long coming request to have Kensei gaining its own finishing move, and I couldn't think of anything better than sheathing your sword and popping an enemy like a balloon.

Fights go way to fast as it is. With all of these changes this will become the new meta no doubt. I'm sorry Kunai but I believe you've had better ideas in the past but these aren't taking balance into consideration imo. Sheath sword is 3m for a reason. Added hit to everyone you hit already from a fixed local anywhere on the map and possible double riposte. This would absolutely be more than just powerful for pve and pvp.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HaTeD's post:
  • Bryce_Hego

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Kensei] Absolute Worthless, a rethonkening - by HaTeD - 06-17-2022, 05:15 AM