Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of Korvara conflict.
Okay if no one else is making the thread I am. 

Currently I feel that "grace" periods are not being respected. People are being ousted from roles they won in the lottery too soon, conflicts are escalating too damn fast.

Duyei is being systematically dismantled

Geladyne's premier had a coup in the first week.

this is bullshit.

As a person with currently limited time, I feel like things are progressing exceptionally fast. I don't mind that they happened, its the reasons and time frame.
I'll be honest, the state of The grace period HAS been a mess yes, but I believe that it was set on a limit by dev for atleast a week, and a week passed. Yes since than has it become a mess, but people also used that time during that first week to abuse and cause issues where they can. That week mentioned was on Day 1 for Korvara and it has since passed. I do agree that it been a mess on things as whole and things have been chaotic but that expected especially with a player run community. This is something we've been trusted with and have to work out the bugs in as we go, do keep in mind that we only had week for those that were given leadership roles, and that we are apart of a community who are quick to use what they have given, be it for good or bad.

I would prefer that things get worked into a more stable setting with time, but the only way to achieve that is for the community to work together as a whole to make it something that it can be efficiently.

EDIT: That said, I know that people earned their roles through the lottery but the loss and action followed with these roles is ICly responded to, I personally wouldn't want a advisor who temper leads her to attacking another leader, or a nation leader who takes it as a joke and uses it as a excuse to assault people in whatever regard.
People who have been removed from their roles were removed due to their IC actions leading up to breaking several laws, some of which involved murder, assault, and treason. This is to be expected. You wouldn't forgive a leader of your nation for murdering, assaulting, or committing treason. It can't be helped. Korvara is an active space of immersive roleplay where each action will have consequences. Those consequences can't be ignored. The grace period was never going to be honored. That's not how SL2 has ever worked. What's done is done, and all we can do is wait for Dev to release the conflict rules which, from what I've seen in the poll he set out, will result in forced conflict.

This was going to happen no matter what, and no one was going to be able to stop it. And to stop it now means to absolutely reverse and omit several hours upon hours upon hours upon DAYS of roleplay that has left every single party involved deeply exhausted.

I understand your point in making this thread, though. And I understand the limited time, I work full-time myself. But it really can't be helped at this point. People's decisions catch up with them, and believe it or not, said characters in power ousting or punishing individuals who now hold these consequences have been VERY lenient in comparison to how they should be.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I feel to a degree the first thing that set this up though, the ousting of the premier was baited. this set a slipper slope of more mess ups. and korvara should have just had a simple no week 1 death.
(07-10-2022, 02:45 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: I feel to a degree the first thing that set this up though, the ousting of the premier was baited. this set a slipper slope of more mess ups. and korvara should have just had a simple no week 1 death.

I don't know about the ousting being baited, and if it was, I hope GMs are able to catch wind and evidence of it to handle it or perhaps put an end to anything like this happening in the future. But as it stands, this plotline has gone too far. And the player themself, I believe (I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEM) wants it to end as well.

I wish it could have gone better, too. But nothing is perfect, and no one is perfect. We can only work now with what we've got and hope to make it better in the future as we all adjust.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
While I understand this, you can ask those personally who dealt with the Premier (The Duke's player on Day 2, people in Telegrad who watched them come by, the people who served in either roles under The premier, [Austung, Butlers, etc.] and the places the Premier walked around PERSONALLY to cause issue in, and talk to them if you believe they were baited into this because for the logs they can give and have taken, it wasn't the case.

If anything, the Geladyne leader took their role gladly, and proceeded to act like they did and were given a IC response, up until they were over thrown as well, no one was killed or otherwise. No set up or anything like that, they ICly did their actions and were punished by it appropriately. You can even speak with any recent who have roles or lost such for what lead to it; and hear what their actions were that brought the decision down. I'm sure any are willing to share.
(07-10-2022, 02:48 AM)Blissey Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 02:45 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: I feel to a degree the first thing that set this up though, the ousting of the premier was baited. this set a slipper slope of more mess ups. and korvara should have just had a simple no week 1 death.

I don't know about the ousting being baited, and if it was, I hope GMs are able to catch wind and evidence of it to handle it or perhaps put an end to anything like this happening in the future. But as it stands, this plotline has gone too far. And the player themself, I believe (I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEM) wants it to end as well.

I wish it could have gone better, too. But nothing is perfect, and no one is perfect. We can only work now with what we've got and hope to make it better in the future as we all adjust.
I'm not saying it was baited, it just feels like baited since people still have to give permission to die, and then having a coup because someone killed someone feel a bit over the top, especially for a military nation that should have no problem sweeping a death under the rug, a death that should be accepted and given time to stew. to think the entire god damn nation, or atleast a sizable amount of it would rally and overthrow over a god damn butler, as cute as they were, is a sad joke to me. 

what should have instead happened was month long rp of organizing, plotting, back room deals. but nah, gotta have my week 1 pvp fam.

(07-10-2022, 02:52 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 02:48 AM)Blissey Wrote:

I'm not saying it was baited, it just feels like baited since people still have to give permission to die, and then having a coup because someone killed someone feel a bit over the top, especially for a military nation that should have no problem sweeping a death under the rug, a death that should be accepted and given time to stew. to think the entire god damn nation, or atleast a sizable amount of it would rally and overthrow over a god damn butler, as cute as they were, is a sad joke to me. 

what should have instead happened was month long rp of organizing, plotting, back room deals. but nah, gotta have my week 1 pvp fam.

They were still given their permission to refuse being killed, and we're so things were followed ICly, even as Dev said personally the day of this happened, he was surprised at how fast it happened and didn't expect it. Those who were apart of the coup though followed through ICly not only because the Premier murdered a child, but because the premier actively made them self and their nation look like a joke, and as a military nation that is something that frowned upon, just like how you said they should have no problem sweeping a death under the rug they had no issue cutting the (metaphorical) head off the excuse they had for a leader and had dealt with them as they saw fit. I cannot speak personally for those that decided this, and had any GM thought this was being done too soon or felt out of place they were free to say so.

Personally again, I get it. It stupid that people jumped into PVP and caused a uproar on things there as it was, and I personally understand the annoyance that they didn't try to make it work and did so. I'll state again to just look at the factoring matter of what they did ICly and what GMs watched and addressed to the including parties if they felt any action was out of hold.

So while it didn't go down proper with a month long of rps to try and fix what was done due to their leader actions, and I get that you don't enjoy their choice of action do keep in mind it wasn't done purely over a butler kid (yes cute I know) it was done because of actions but ICly over what is both IC time in a OOC week, to put their foot down if they were going to act like spoiled toddler.
People losing roles and things being jostled around is 1000% expected when there's a lottery and effectively 0 vetting. Unfortunately, some people who get roles will be idiots and do things really, really dumb, leading to a horrible state of affairs if we decide 'no changes in the first x period'.

If a character in a high position does something that could realistically cause not only a war, but mass starvation of your country- It makes no IC sense to not demote them at the least.

If a character in a high position acts like a complete buffoon and causes everyone else enough stress having to deal with it all that they all want to quit, maybe we shouldn't just throw up our arms and say 'well oops, too fast to do anything about!'.

Things will end up stable once things are able to organically get there, rather than picking names out of a hat. If every role had been a proper full app position that Dev/GMs hand-picked from applicants, or even were voted on somehow, it would have been less chaotic. As it is, things seem to be mostly settling down.
(07-10-2022, 08:33 AM)Tana Wrote: People losing roles and things being jostled around is 1000% expected when there's a lottery and effectively 0 vetting. Unfortunately, some people who get roles will be idiots and do things really, really dumb, leading to a horrible state of affairs if we decide 'no changes in the first x period'.

If a character in a high position does something that could realistically cause not only a war, but mass starvation of your country- It makes no IC sense to not demote them at the least.

If a character in a high position acts like a complete buffoon and causes everyone else enough stress having to deal with it all that they all want to quit, maybe we shouldn't just throw up our arms and say 'well oops, too fast to do anything about!'.

Things will end up stable once things are able to organically get there, rather than picking names out of a hat. If every role had been a proper full app position that Dev/GMs hand-picked from applicants, or even were voted on somehow, it would have been less chaotic. As it is, things seem to be mostly settling down.
yeah but we aren't solving it like the french with napoleon and  an island, we're solving it like the french with louie and the blade. Could have also given the leaders time to adjust to the roles, maybe wait a week to see once everyone gets NEW SHINY KORVARA must see the whole world out of their veins that they might actually be more sensible.