Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of Korvara conflict.
With all due respect, you had the leader of a nation walk into other nations to personally kidnap/maim/murder people, while ICly saying things like how they wanted to kidnap a 'femboy with thick thighs', or saying things like 'coupussy' and other such '-ussy' nonsense. It's like if Khrushchev had flown into the U.S. with a gun and started waving it about without even warning he'd be in the country. Insanity.

They were going to have a coup, and thus actual IC events for people to RP with/about, or they would have been assassinated by a GM bullet. It has nothing to do with people merely being 'out of position' or it being 'new', it was genuinely god-awful RP that Geladyne will not be able to OOCly escape for real life months. If it had been forced to continue for even longer, Geladyne would not ICly exist. Beyond that, everything's been purely based on IC and not the kind of conflict you're talking about, re: Duyuei. The conflict rules 'grace period' was literally just using base Sigro conflict rules.

In fact, almost every single 'issue' in regards to Korvara conflict is directly related to a single character.
(07-10-2022, 09:19 AM)Tana Wrote: With all due respect, you had the leader of a nation walk into other nations to personally kidnap/maim/murder people, while ICly saying things like how they wanted to kidnap a 'femboy with thick thighs', or saying things like 'coupussy' and other such '-ussy' nonsense. It's like if Khrushchev had flown into the U.S. with a gun and started waving it about without even warning he'd be in the country. Insanity.

They were going to have a coup, and thus actual IC events for people to RP with/about, or they would have been assassinated by a GM bullet. It has nothing to do with people merely being 'out of position' or it being 'new', it was genuinely god-awful RP that Geladyne will not be able to OOCly escape for real life months. If it had been forced to continue for even longer, Geladyne would not ICly exist. Beyond that, everything's been purely based on IC and not the kind of conflict you're talking about, re: Duyuei. The conflict rules 'grace period' was literally just using base Sigro conflict rules.

In fact, almost every single 'issue' in regards to Korvara conflict is directly related to a single character.
that's not the one I'm complaining about the most, honestly to a degree that should have been solved by gm's before becoming a coup.
Geladyne's premier is the only role that has been ousted so far, and basically the only conflict Korvara has had.

It's literally the only role that has changed.
(07-10-2022, 09:26 AM)Tana Wrote: Geladyne's premier is the only role that has been ousted so far, and basically the only conflict Korvara has had.

It's literally the only role that has changed.
actually two duyei roles got axed as well.
Cou...Coupussy? Like coup and... Bruh. Okay. Tea sis, queen go off hunty yas on gawd, tongue pop death drop.

But yes. Two Duyuei roles did get axed, and I assure you that it wasn't done lightly. One of them committed assault on another high dignitary of a different city-state which could have resulted in treason at the least, war at the worst, and so IC action had to be taken. The other just straight up betrayed his own people and tried to release a very volatile and manic person who could have easily gotten assassinated if left to her own devices and may have also caused yet another crisis.

Duyuei is tired y'all, leave us ALURN. ALUUUUURN. ALUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN.

But the point is what Tana said: realistically, if certain individuals are causing great strife in their country or may even cause a war and the people have a means to uprise, they will uprise. And that is exactly what happened with the former. The latter was more delicately handled, but handled nonetheless.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Not a part of Geladyne, so what happened over there is not mine to say anything about, but as a member of Duyuei who's watched things unfold over there, I would like to say that the characters that lost their roles did it to themselves, and they were not forced out of them by PvP, they were told by the leader that their position was simply no longer viable. In that regard, there was no meta violence, or what have you.

The first of the two to lose their role was known to spring into fights when they got annoyed / angry IC, and that led to literally brawling the leader of another faction that the location was on good terms with. To not take a stance on that kind of behaviour would send a problematic message to allies ICly.

The second of the two was caught plotting to conspire against ANOTHER ally, tried to justify this in a meeting with the chief and others. He was also caught doing other things that were less malicious and more a display of qualities that actively went against what people need in a leader. After losing the role, he went on to commit a further, even more intense crime, cementing that fate.

That's two out of the three roles I know across the entire continent in which I can confirm there was actually sufficient RP and reason, the people dropped from the role were actually there to have chance to argue this, and no violence was used to force them out.

In my opinion, even if things have been happening quickly, it's less of a problem, and more of a success story, that these dynamics exist and IC actually plays a factor in whether you keep a position of power. That's what this place needs.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Shadbase
The 'grace period' is not meant to protect people from the consequences of their character's actions. It was set up as a way to give time to the GMs to finalize the Korvara conflict rules, and so people wouldn't have to worry about someone knifing their character immediately. As long as the jostling of roles and positions, etc, is done solely for IC reasons, then that was the whole point of Korvara to begin with - to have a fluid environment where RP leads to things being shaken up.

I'm not going to speak of everything mentioned in the thread, because I don't know a lot of the details, but just keep that in mind.
[-] The following 6 users Like Neus's post:
  • Blissey, Dezark, Pyro, Shadbase, Snake, WaifuApple
With further thoughts I feel things leading up to the events that caused everything was kind of stupid, but the final nails that caused the end results were, and I can live with what's happened, I hope future and remaining leaders don't repeat these happenings... not mad anymore, just disappointed.
I feel and honestly agree with you on that regard, it is 100% stupid for what happened, but I do trust those who still hold their leadership positions, and those filling in with time for the roles lost will do better than those who stood before them, it a mess in every regard and disappointing that things were done that lead to it, but we learn from our mistakes for the future and pray not to see them repeated especially by another.
(07-10-2022, 02:52 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 02:48 AM)Blissey Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 02:45 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: I feel to a degree the first thing that set this up though, the ousting of the premier was baited. this set a slipper slope of more mess ups. and korvara should have just had a simple no week 1 death.

I don't know about the ousting being baited, and if it was, I hope GMs are able to catch wind and evidence of it to handle it or perhaps put an end to anything like this happening in the future. But as it stands, this plotline has gone too far. And the player themself, I believe (I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEM) wants it to end as well.

I wish it could have gone better, too. But nothing is perfect, and no one is perfect. We can only work now with what we've got and hope to make it better in the future as we all adjust.
I'm not saying it was baited, it just feels like baited since people still have to give permission to die, and then having a coup because someone killed someone feel a bit over the top, especially for a military nation that should have no problem sweeping a death under the rug, a death that should be accepted and given time to stew. to think the entire god damn nation, or atleast a sizable amount of it would rally and overthrow over a god damn butler, as cute as they were, is a sad joke to me. 

what should have instead happened was month long rp of organizing, plotting, back room deals. but nah, gotta have my week 1 pvp fam.

She was caught hiding a corpse beneath her coat in the middle of the street after days of what I will respectfully refer to as 'amorously advancing' on various characters personally and in front of others. There were few characters who had zero reason to want her gone. The character acted with impunity and incompetence openly. Additionally, the player was given the opportunity to have their character flee to secure themselves in the castle and refused. What you were suggesting was an option they were presented with. They refused. This is a matter of public knowledge if you were involved or even read much into the situation.