Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of Korvara conflict.
conflict seems slow to me tbh but I get it feeling fast if you can only play a few hours a week
#nerf summoner
#nerf poison
I will say as the Ambassador who watched many events that had unfolded on Geladyne's side. Much of it being mostly my own opinion.

I will not go into heavy detail about the actions leading up to being overthrown ICly, but I will try to give some insight

What happened to the Premier ICly happened because of alot of reasons.

They disregarded the people they put in charge of various parts of their nation and their own Ambassador, even risking burning the bridges they were building with the other nations.

Paranoia against some of those people but failing to act appropiately in response to it, whether it be true or not.

Acting in an impulsive manner, Even taking a fucked up looc joke and making it IC.

Honestly I found the Coupe on the Premier to be one of the more interesting events and I wish it was actually handled better, But the player seemed uninterested in many of the options we presented to them OOCly, and it was honestly pretty fucking cool despite that (Esspecially with some GMs adding to the atmosphere)

But we had also given them many. many. many. MANY outs to my understanding

One example when things had hit the fan, They were given an opportunity to flee to the castle so that we may plan this conflict out better and not do it on impulse at 4 in the morning but refused. They opted against the idea of scheduling the conflict for later. And wanted to try to RP fight with the many people present. Even trying to use the lore they had written as an excuse to be able to stand against the tide - which was never meant to be allowed as a deus-ex-machina.

So the least messy option given our lack of conflict rules at the time was to just let it resort PvP

They then, to my understanding, were given the opportunity to flee despite being on the losing side of the fight that had happened simply because they OOCly hated the idea of having to stand in court to defend themselves.

Then we got reports of how they proceeded to murder, maim, etc. leading up to their capture.

I dont know if this happened before or after the coupe. But it was enough for many members of Geladyne to want to wash their hands of the Premier when they heard of it, and any potential shot at redemption or a comeback had effectively been thrown through the window.

On the OOC side of things, Do not get the wrong idea.

I dont hate the person who was selected for Premier. and I dont think anyone should.

It feels like they just kinda threw their hat into the ring and ended up getting picked, but didn't thoroughly read what they were signing up for-- Or ticked all the boxes and didn't get the one they actually wanted. The position had given them a great deal of stress, and I hope that with the shift in power, they can have abit more of a healthy enjoyment of the game as a normal player, to be honest.

Its worth noting that when everyone made their application to become a role within the lottery. They had fully accepted the fact that their character is not protected in the same manner as a normal player, assuming they actually read the guidelines. Things change in Korvara. Power shifts constantly. I cant account for what happened in Duyuei-- on account of not being there at all. But the coupe was not somthing we took lightly even knowing this information.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Anhita's post:
  • Shadbase
Some of the most interesting things to happen in Korvara happened in Geladyne. Anyone upset about them should reconsider their priorities. The only thing I might fix about it is the fact that everyone spends all day grinding and then the RP happens at 2+AM. That's just a problem with the 80+ hours of grind required to fill out a LE book, though.
Hi! I'm one of the people that was at the heart of the Coup in Geladyne. I want to apologize to people who believe that the tipping point seemed rather sudden and without real reason. I admit that even though I was heavily involved in the starting of the coup, it was definitely not going to happen the way it did happen. Were people thinking of doing something about the Premier's... Eccentricies? Yes, yes they were.

Did they expect the Premier to drag my character's corpse into the street and then demand the mother of said character to be executed? No, not really. Along with the jokes, along with the 'memes', it was very hard for this not to boil over into something worse.

Honestly, I'm hoping things calm down and are less rushed, but I feel like complaining about this without knowing the entirety of it is a little- weird?

It's just my opinion, though, and I won't be sharing anything else of what happened during the ousting. Something something find out IC.
I think the problem is longevity.

Now that we don't have 'chaotic' people on the roles anymore, things will definitely start slowing down to a crawl. There 'will' be time for people to catch up and what-gives now, but I'll be sad there's no real 'anything' left to fight for.

Aside bundling up a group of bandits who rob people with their consent given.

But I think this idea has already been nabbed and put to execution. :eyes:

So yeah.

Behemoths and PvE when?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's only a problem when everyone agrees to be chill and have no conflict. But as you can see by the amount of arguments over strictly lore related issues with no mechanical or personal implications, people can and will have the ability to make a lot of stuff happen.
[-] The following 2 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Rexan, Snake
(07-13-2022, 08:48 PM)Snake Wrote: Aside bundling up a group of bandits who rob people with their consent given.
its been fun.
with consent, of course.

tbh, coming as a newish player to the game and playing on/off here, but playing a lot of other player driven rp games, it seems a lot of the stuff that happens here is very lax and caring. but i would say that being a bad person or apparently bad makes people hone in on you very fast and gang up on you. for example, just by having a grungy profile, some very chaotic face icons and rping I'm dripping in blood as i walk by people will assume I've done something. personally, i think doing conflict in unique ways is a way of going about it on this game, but i would like to see more sporadic things.

while i have fun on my alt and only plan to be the consent bandits and mess around because its fun to rp, on my main all i really do is talk to people and try to make stuff work, there's no real meat of conflict political wise unless you are part of the group, and when you do try to be player-driven, people unite and shut you down and it makes it hard. somebody making increased tension in meiaquar was easily snuffed out, the people with the coup were able to pull it off, but across the board, it seems (and i note seem as i really haven't been apart of any deep politics or anything going on behind scenes) to get involved in the player drivenness part of the roleplay. while it is good that the leads and ranks can unite, talk, etc, there's gotta be some way for people to do things without getting stepped on instantly or forced into situations that cause the conflict they attempt to make to be deleted.

for me, personally, i like sporadic, i like conflict that pops randomly or that is there because of established ic. border tension, not liking another city, a person from another town having like a secret bounty on their head because they are strong / causing issues. conflict can be made a lot of ways, and if I'm able to create perceived conflict over asking people for their consent to rob them, then i think others are able to develop new ways of conflict and we should encourage people, in general, to be able to move things, otherwise as Snake said the state of conflict will stagnate and it will be mostly drama between circles, etc.

also, i think being able to lock things off due to ic is okay! we got denied entering a tablet viewing sight because of the summit and we just rp'd it out, and worst case we just had to go tomorrow or after their meeting was done and also like fight everyone defending it.
#nerf summoner
#nerf poison
[-] The following 2 users Like BoberJones's post:
  • Shujin, Snake
(07-14-2022, 04:50 AM)BoberJones Wrote: while i have fun on my alt and only plan to be the consent bandits and mess around because its fun to rp, on my main all i really do is talk to people and try to make stuff work, there's no real meat of conflict political wise unless you are part of the group, and when you do try to be player-driven, people unite and shut you down and it makes it hard. somebody making increased tension in meiaquar was easily snuffed out, the people with the coup were able to pull it off, but across the board, it seems (and i note seem as i really haven't been apart of any deep politics or anything going on behind scenes) to get involved in the player drivenness part of the roleplay. while it is good that the leads and ranks can unite, talk, etc, there's gotta be some way for people to do things without getting stepped on instantly or forced into situations that cause the conflict they attempt to make to be deleted.

i think there's a lesson to be learned about how people react to conflict or IC adversity

if you don't treat it with some slowness and give it a gradual build-up and instead rush the conclusion (be it killing the premier or kicking one dude out of the town) it's going to kill off a lot of avenues for roleplay that would otherwise exist. sometimes it really is best to let things take a slower pace even if it means intentionally staying your hand and losing a nice opportunity: because, on the flip side, it might mean that you (and everyone else) have to deal with a drought or a more boring experience as a result of being too quick to pull the trigger.

people try too hard to speedrun conflict or gang up on it immediately and it just makes it really boring.
it's cooperative storytelling, not trying your hardest to win out of character. a detail a lot of people forget.
(i'm not referring directly to any particular situation or context, just in general.)
[-] The following 3 users Like caesaropapist's post:
  • adamkad1, Shadbase, Snake