Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korvara Boss Spawn Timer
I would like to suggest an item or an in-game activity/check that gives us at least some insight into whether or not a boss can or cannot spawn in a short amount of time.  The amount of people voicing their complaints about being unsure when a boss is coming up, or whether to stick around another in game hour (or six) is staggering enough that I feel this is a fairly common desire.

Even if a full list of bosses and their exact respective respawn timers feels too OOC for Korvara, ANY means of getting insight into a respawn would be desirable.
[-] The following 10 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Akame, Autumn, Fern, Rexan, Senna, Shadbase, Shujin, Slydria, Snake, Trexmaster
That would be based.

I wish that was less arbitrary and we could have a way to force that happening more or less often based on what we do in the dungeon. This goes a little off the tangent, but such interactions should probably influence how the dungeon behaves right back at us. Like certain challenges or accomplishments to do that influence that. I'm just tossing some fun suggestions, but it could be anything

"Hisses and roars become more frequent... It appears that this place is undergoing an infestation."
Dungeon Challenge: One or two hour ticks pass without a Monster mob being defeated.
> Monsters start spawning with 'Crazy' tag.

"A wrathful roar can be heard deeper in the dungeon... Whatever you are doing, it seems to be getting really angry at it..."
Dungeon Challenge: Not a single monster is alive before their respawn timer.
> Bosses gain +10 to their max level, the Vengeful Roar buff at LV50 and their respawn time is halved.

"You don't see many things around... The denizens of this place are deciding to hide their own belongings."
Dungeon Challenge: No chest is active before the monsters' respawn timer.
> Increases the amount of items you can get from monsters by 1, but prevents chests from spawning on that hour tick.

"You have brought the attention of something truly evil..."
Dungeon Challenge: Players have been in a dungeon for over three hour ticks.
> Randomly spawns multiple 'Thanatos' mobs in the place of a normal mob, which is essentially a Spectre Knight that has 50000 HP, 50000 FP, and 80 on every stat. Its purpose is to chase players away from the dungeon (or outright kill them if they're not fast enough) to stop them from hard grinding. They despawn after a while, when the dungeon calms down.

Stuff like that.

The goals is not to make the grind easier or harder, just less... monotonous, if you understand my goal here.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Everything but the last one. If only because some person AFKing after a fight (thus being untargetable) means a bunch of unkillable super monsters spawn and chase everyone else out too.

This definitely fills a hole I'd been feeling but hadn't yet put to post since I wanted to see how this game panned out before offering any larger criticisms. In old SL2, more people levelling meant better returns for everyone. In Korvara, it's feast or famine and most people famine. A dungeon can hold at most 2 full, high level parties and have respawn timers that don't drag on for a long time after the last mob is dead, and most groups will have a rotation between dungeons that see them hitting up more than one and clearing them out.

It won't be a huge issue if our player count ever settles back into the 70s or 80s, but with 100+ players every day at every hour, it's been nightmarish.
[-] The following 4 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Fern, Shadbase, Shujin, Snake