Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylish Derp
Simply put. Invocations do not get their M reduced in Stylish PvP. I'm not sure if this is only PvP or not. I invoked Overload with HSDW active and it still cost me 3M to invoke.

??? chants "Judgemental thunder, turn power into pain..."
???'s turn.
??? says "(Invocations aren't affected by Stylish)"
??? says "(GG Dev)"
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "[why]"
??? says "(It cost me 3M to do that, even with HSDW)"
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "[huh]"
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "[but it]"
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "[hm]"
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "[report?]"
??? says "(So, I'd like to redo that turn)"
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "[ok]"

[Image: 45eafa46fbee76f50bad57020919cf36.png]
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
On a related note, Skip costs 1M to use in Stylish fights. Normally it doesn't use momentum at all.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Skip has been corrected.

I'm unsure if this should be fixed, because it's going to cause Invocations with HSDW to take 4 Momentum on the second cast in normal battles. This obviously means you won't be able to use an Invocation in one round unless you have the Tactician trait.

EDIT: Nevermind, I don't have to do anything. High Speed Divine Words makes it clear that the Invocation spells cost 3M, no matter what.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5558#p5558 Wrote:Neus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:45 pm[/url]"] Invocations with HSDW to take 4 Momentum on the second cost in normal battles. This obviously means you won't be able to use an Invocation in one round unless you have the Tactician trait.

It already works that way normally. Are you saying it isn't supposed to? Every time I've used it, it always costs 3 to Invoke and 4 to cast on the turn after HSDW.

Edit: I retested on my Papilion to ensure I had a skill that required 1M. You were correct. Although, could we have it specify in Stylish PvP or the Invocation talent, or somewhere that HSDW won't do crap for you in Stylish fights? Just so people are aware.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

No, it doesn't work that way. If you have HSDW active, and you cast an Invocation spell, it costs 3M each cast, even though you should 'technically' have a 1 Momentum penalty due to Repeat Action. But due to the way HSDW works, Invocations cost 3M no matter what, and so it ignores mechanics like Repeat Action and Stylish Mode.

If anything is a bug here, it's that non-HSDW Invocations cost 6 Momentum in Stylish Mode, instead of 4M.

HSDW is still useful in Stylish Mode. HSDW itself costs 1 Momentum, and each cast of Invocations cost 3M, so you can instantly cast an Invocation spell if you have Tactician.
I tried that with Overload though, doesn't Stylish prevent you from using the same skill twice in one turn? Because I invoked Overload with HSDW active and it wouldn't let me cast during the same turn while Stylish mode was on. That's why in my screenshot in the OP, Overload wasn't in my skill list. I'd invoked it that turn and it didn't show up in the list after I invoked it with HSDW active the turn before it.

I made the following corrections;

Invocations now receive the -2M from Stylish mode.
Invocations not under the effect of HSDW now properly suffer Repeat Action penalties.

I don't think the second one will affect anything right now, but consistency is good. And yes, Stylish Mode does prevent using the skill more than once per turn. Which, if you knew that, makes you wonder why this bug report was even made, but whatever.