Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Prescribed Potions] Calm The Heck Down
I know this has been suggested before and I have no idea what happened, but from a PVP standpoint (wow, look at me, PVP standpoint), Prescribed Hi-Potions are too powerful. 50% is ridiculous, so it'd be great if it were lowered to 25% or less. Even in Stylish PVPs, they're still too powerful. I don't really see conventional medicine (even if prescribed) to be more powerful than magic (since it is a force of nature harnessed by mortals, hello).
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I disagree.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5572#p5572 Wrote:Zakizo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 pm[/url]"]I disagree.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5572#p5572 Wrote:Zakizo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 pm[/url]"]I disagree.

Kindly actually debate outside of only saying "I disagree.".

Anyway, 50% is actually huge. Vitality isn't that hard to cap so a Tank can easily reach 500+ HP. Causing the potion to heal about 250+. All for a measly 3M.

We can argue that there are only a few item slots. But as I mentioned. This is a big heal for 3M.
I also have to disagree. It isn't just a cost of 3M, you have to remember. There's potion sickness.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
And crafting levels. And crafting ingredients. And the whole quest. Which is a one time thing, sure, but still something to not be forgotten.
And even through you say that VIT is easy to cap, most don't for some reason. Oh right, you actually need other stats so your HP doesn't diminish superquick, so maximum vit isn't one of main concerns.

Preparation for battle should be rewarded, not discouraged by being costly, tedious, and useless anyway.

Maybe increase duration of potion sickness if more people with same...opinion amass.

To add : Oh look, it's not even class restricted. Everyone and their mother can get those potions if they want. Damn wow, they used a potion....

Why don't you?
What about making it have a bit higher M cost as well, such as the Small/Medium/Large X Enhancement potions? P. Stabilizer 3M, P. Regen Potion 4M, P. Hi-Potion 5M. It does seem kinda unfair to be able to chug two of these and come out on top all the time, unless they all have compounding Potion Sickness durations I don't know about.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
You can't exactly chug two potions in one turn, no. Unless something is broken. And you can't even chug one in the next turn. That was how it was intended as far as I know.

But yeah, maybe prescribed ones could have a longer potion sickness duration.

Touching it any differently will render it awfuly inferior compared to any other tactics and will just make it unused even more than it already is.

If we use typical HP (400). So it restores 200. Five momentum? You can guard, sharpen, warning shot with two momentum. And move, if you were almost dead, chugged the potion and were a felidae/grimalkin.

And you can imagine that it will be pretty damn useless in most cases.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5574#p5574 Wrote:ThatOneMaggot » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:21 pm[/url]"]Kindly actually debate outside of only saying "I disagree.".
The intent was just to make my standpoint on the subject known, since I'm actually not too fond of getting involved in balancing debates, but if it's necessary, alright.

1: As Sarinpa said, potions tend to be limited, since you have to put a lot of time into gathering necessary ingredients just to make a single one of them. Magic, on the other hand, comes from a more immediately available and renewable source.

2: Potions sure do look powerful on a single target, but they can only be used on a single target, and one that's right next to you at that. There are multiple skills capable of healing AOE and from a distance, and for a total often greater than these potions can accomplish. And can be used repeatedly.

3: Even if you ignore potion sickness and how quickly your opponent may be able to deplete your HP, the usefulness of a potion can vary greatly. It can be more potent on a single target than a healing skill, or it can actually end up being less potent. It all depends on the target's VIT. The only time it's better for sure is when you near the level cap.

For these reasons, I disagree.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
You people act like acquiring the ingredients for a single prescription hi-potion is any chore. You can get to 75% craft chance just from capping the alchemy trait. 100% if you're a Zeran or an Elf. Walk out into the forest/shrine and pluck the nodes. I know certain shops that sell them like candy for only 100 murai and certain characters that hand them out for free.

Potion sickness or not, it is a little egregious that, for 3M (and a status that prevents you from drinking another for a turn afterwards) you can restore half your HP at no other cost. It refutes the useability of any of the other healing potions, and while it is situational compared to healing skills in tandem, is still a bit overkill.

Nothing says !!FUN!! like whittling a tank to half his health and then then he can take part of his turn to make that work meaningless with no real drawbacks. I have to agree with PD for the most part. At least Malmeto or Graft cost FP. If they could heal someone for 50%+, you'd all be clamoring to have it nerfed faster than pre-balanced AD/AF.

P.S. Dev, where's my prescription hi-focus potions? i wanna' restore 50% of my FP for no drawbacks.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."