Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Prescribed Potions] Calm The Heck Down
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5701#p5701 Wrote:Nuclear » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:09 pm[/url]"]You people act like acquiring the ingredients for a single prescription hi-potion is any chore. You can get to 75% craft chance just from capping the alchemy trait. 100% if you're a Zeran or an Elf. Walk out into the forest/shrine and pluck the nodes. I know certain shops that sell them like candy for only 100 murai and certain characters that hand them out for free.

Potion sickness or not, it is a little egregious that, for 3M (and a status that prevents you from drinking another for a turn afterwards) you can restore half your HP at no other cost. It refutes the useability of any of the other healing potions, and while it is situational compared to healing skills in tandem, is still a bit overkill.
1: I haven't seen these shops.
2: I've been one of these players, and that was when I was carrying very few on my person. Don't mistake generosity for having hundreds of potions in reserve, because that isn't always the case.
3: Even if I had the evidence to believe anything you just said, I still wouldn't think that reducing the power is the way to go. Prescription medicine in general would both be more balanced and accurate if they healed the same amount as they do now over an extended duration. For example, a potion that healed 50% health would regenerate 5% max HP every turn for 10 turns, as an unstackable status. It's not a nerf per-say, but it's more manageable than an immediate massive heal, and it leaves more time for a response, such as inflicting interference.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
I disagree. We already have pre-potions that do that much, and Hi's come with a 10 turn potion sickness.

Also, what are you people talking about? I sell Pre-His for 250 each from time to time with only 2 points invested in my alchemy talent and can craft them 100%. (2 base, 1 from the talent board, and 1 from LE'ing).

I think the potions are fine as is considering their drawbacks. An "over the course of this many turns" regen would devalue them to Hell and back.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Prescribed Hi are 4 rounds of potion sickness, not 10.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5571#p5571 Wrote:Blissey » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:30 am[/url]"]I know this has been suggested before and I have no idea what happened, but from a PVP standpoint (wow, look at me, PVP standpoint), Prescribed Hi-Potions are too powerful. 50% is ridiculous, so it'd be great if it were lowered to 25% or less. Even in Stylish PVPs, they're still too powerful. I don't really see conventional medicine (even if prescribed) to be more powerful than magic (since it is a force of nature harnessed by mortals, hello).
Healing magic is far more powerful than Prescribed Hi-Potions; you can't ever use healing magic at the wrong time like you could with a potion ("I just slap on this +100 HP regain lol" compared to "I used my Prescribed Hi-Potion when I was at 75%, what a waste&quotWink, and said potion will never be as reliable as healing magic in the face of DPS.

Really, if there's any method of healing that's too strong, it's healing magic like Graft.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye