Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Being a weeb is hard [Kensei SP thread]
I suggest Kensei be heavily adjusted to require less total SP to acquire some of its abilities, and to change certain passives to not take up Skill slots to equip.

Kensei boasts a pretty sizeable number of interesting themes, but it's severely restrictive in what players can actually choose due to the Skill Point costs.  Currently, the class has up to 81 points worth of skills to choose from.  That is to say, you can't even pick up half of the class at max level.

Additionally, a fair number of the passive skills take up a skill slot, making equipping the limited number of abilities you chose even more of a pain point.  Abilities such as Reflect Shots, Hidden Cut, and Counter Edge each consume a skill slot in an already skill-hungry base class, and I believe it would be far better if they didn't.

Some of the class' skills are generally weak -- Absolute Death, Absolute Pace, Counter Edge -- but those issues aren't even worth approaching without first addressing the enormous SP requirement to try and get more than just the bare essentials.
[-] The following 12 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Autumn, Balthie, Collector, Fern, K Peculier, Lewdcifer, Pyro, Shujin, Slydria, ThatOneHop, TheCommonNoob, Trexmaster
When I see someone vomiting out huge damage numbers as a duelist class, it's almost always kensei flavored nowadays. I'm not sure if that needs a buff.
I don't see that happening, so I think it's fine.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't think making it so that Kensei can pick up some of its more interesting strategies is necessarily a huge buff, it often doesn't end up being terribly durable either, I support allowing them to pick up their cooler skills without bleeding somewhere else, Blade Barrier/Counter Edge/Sheath Sword and Reflect Shots are still all 5 SP sinks for their specific usages or tradeoffs.
Can blade barrier and reflect shots be changed to counter magic spells from the front so Kensei can punish zoners who hide in a corner.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Akame, Fern, Lolzytripd, Pyro, Snake