Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Summoner Skills
Could Summoner, the base class, get at least one or a few offensive/defensive skills to help them through lower levels? This is what I have in mind:

Quote:Pact Breaker

Offensive Spell
3 Ranks, 1 round Cooldown

Cannot be used if you are installed with a Youkai. Send a negative wave of spiritual energy that deals 100%/110%/120% of your Scaled Weapon Attack as Null magic damage on a target within 5 range. Deals 15%/20%/25% bonus damage to targets under a Transformation effect, and reduces the duration of Transformation effects by 1/2/3 rounds.

Quote:Spirit Addle

Offensive Spell
5 Ranks, 1 round Cooldown

Requires you to be Installed with a Youkai. Send a wave of spiritual energy on an enemy within 5 range, which may inflict them with Lingering Damage (Null) LV10/20/30/40/50 and Slow LV3 for 3 rounds.

Quote:Realm Barrier

Defensive Skill
3 Ranks

Grants Adaptive Armor LV(Summoner Class Level + 10/20/30) for 3 rounds to a target in 5 range. Duration and LV are doubled on Youkai. If used on self, this gains a 5 round Cooldown.

Quote:Form Sustain

Support Skill
3 Ranks, 4 round Cooldown

Heals target by 90%/100%/110% of your Scaled WIL (+10/20/30 bonus HP) to a target in 5 range. If the target is a Youkai, the cooldown is reduced by 3.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • HaTeD, messaiyan
While we're here, can we also make Energy Transfer work on non-youkai allies?

It'd be really neat to be able to 'FP Heal' your allies.
[-] The following 5 users Like Entropy's post:
  • Fern, HaTeD, Latto, Pyro, Snake
I think you could do this back then as a non-intended feature. It would be neat too, I agree.
back then it has been a thing, but you could use it on yourself, therefore Absuse the FP gains.

Just make it not useable on self and it should be just fine.
The first two seem pretty alright for what you want this for.

Realm barrier seems like it would do nothing but make end game summoner builds, which are already some of the best, just better without 'helping the early game experience.'

The last one, make it half as effective on yourself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • Snake
How about we allow install to gain a small range and be capable of casting onto allies to give THEM the benefits of install? Which also allows them to be hit by Energy Transfer. But only allies NOT yourself. As far as everything else, sounds pretty good honestly, it'd be nice to have these as early game youkai are... Hard to deal with to say the least.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, does adaptive armor mean 'either armor or magic armor dependant on damage type'? If so, either make it only 5/10/15 and doubled for youkai. That's it since that's flat 30 damage removed that the youkai would take, and ascended are still a thing... Do we REALLY need that? Nah... But thats just my understanding.

Also, Form sustain should ONLY target youkai, no other ally type with a raw 1 round cooldown. Done dealio.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
If I understand barrier right thats more armor than you can get as a maxed San Zeran with best armor meme equipment, in a single skill...I think not.

If it meant HP instead of armor, thats fine and could even be slightly buffed. I kinda miss Barrier spells that have some HP to boost you above your normal but without the actual benefits of it. I'd think that be something for curate though.
Adaptive Armor is a HP barrier, reduces damage by LV then breaks, excess damage then is applied iirc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Shujin
In that case added hp is fine. 65 or 80 destiny extra hp is no biggie, but helps.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
yeah then it could easy do with a bit of a buff honestly. I like the barrier kind of skills.

Edit:
I would change the barrier skill in the following way as I do not think it needs class level scaling

Realm Barrier

Mercana Domain
3 Ranks
3 Turns CD

Grants Adaptive Armor LV (40/55/70% Light atk + 15/30/45) for 4 rounds, while active it reduces all damage by 30% and the level is reduced by the damage negated.

This means its not a full barrier, so a low HP target can still be killed and it won't negate the need for real heals as its not a full absorb so more useful when the target is still healthy.
I think then it wouldn't just be a "heal over max" thing, but has its own unique flair. still think such would be more fitting for curates