Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Enchant Shield buff
I saw someone use Enchant shield, like once in a millenia, against my dancer.

I Ice Slided against him and was expecting to get massive damage back...I did not. Armor of nails however works that way.

Can we have Enchant shield retaliation damage to work against everything in melee range instead of just basic attacks? its already terribly underused because of how niche the set up is.

yes this is a reverse salt topic. Let me die to enchant shield when I dance against it like an idiot.
A lot of effects could use this adjustment.

Another one for example is Brighten. All of those only work "upon being attacked by a basic hit", even though the skill description says "when attacked", without specifying if it's from a basic or not.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(08-05-2022, 07:38 PM)Shujin Wrote: I saw someone use Enchant shield, like once in a millenia, against my dancer.

I Ice Slided against him and was expecting to get massive damage back...I did not. Armor of nails however works that way.

Can we have Enchant shield retaliation damage to work against everything in melee range instead of just basic attacks? its already terribly underused because of how niche the set up is.

yes this is a reverse salt topic. Let me die to enchant shield when I dance against it like an idiot.

Honestly? I'm not of the mind that it needs buffs at all. Enchant shield's main advantage over anything else is the sheer amount of elemental res it bestows, along with the duration of the buff. BK/Hexers can especially abuse this to just selectively counter any mage enchant element of their choosing. It's likely less prevalent on Korvara due to the lack of mirror enchant and fang faced shield, but on Sigro the skill is already very potent with its current functionality.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
I will not argue for or against this, but I will also say to keep in mind.

Changing it so that status based retaliation effects applying to skills would also make it so that Electro Shield would apply the exact same way, a heavy damaging retaliation effect.
Good point. Electro shield might would need a revision in that case.
Though I think the "In melee range" prefix might make it not as overbearing. I just thought it might make sense, cause I honestly fully expected to get damaged by that.

And yeah I am aware you can bunker down with super Well against mono to two element people, but in my experience atleast those are one trick ponies anyway...So if you put all your eggs in one basket and someone happens to counter it? Thats fair. Same reason why I think it should also work against dances in melee range.
To play devil's advocate here, Riposte now triggers on EVERYTHING in melee range. And was always ,and still is a very widely used and powerful ability.
Giving Enchanted shield the same benefits that armor of nails does feels entirely fair to me.

If i'm going to be allowed to deal 600 damage to a guy on their turn with riposte because they chose to point blank exgalfa my face, I don't see why Enchant shield getting some love should be so egregious.