Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Herons Voice
A small thought I had, Herons are THE voice/singer race. So I wondered as they already get a Song that put them into "Singing" status without needing an Instrument.

What if they get some optional traits to choose such as.

"Born Singer."
-The Heron is able to use its own voice as an Instrument for bard songs. But the costs are increased by 25%

"Humming tune"
-You always hum your tunes, allowing it to linger a little longer. the "Singing" status does not abort by doing other actions and will always last untill the start of your next turn.

Or something like that. Any real voice/singing related traits outside of magical voice, I'd probably like to see on them as the Lores "Best natural singers".

Just a thought that crossed my mind that could give them more effective bards and distinguishes them a little from the thenos who in my opinion got the better songs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Shujin's post:
  • adamkad1, HaTeD, Snake
Only if they share those with Theno, then we have a deal. However, those are also way too specifically tailored towards Bard, and I feel that Traits should be more generalized.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Give them a 1m move that starts singing similar to gain air and then it'll be more generalized. Since even without bard, then they can proc some instrument effects if they want to slot one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • HaTeD
(08-07-2022, 05:12 AM)Snake Wrote: Only if they share those with Theno, then we have a deal. However, those are also way too specifically tailored towards Bard, and I feel that Traits should be more generalized.
Only if I get their Regeneration song >=O grrr

but I guess lore wise Herons are 'better' or atleast thats what I assume, I do not mind it really. it IS specifically tailored towards bard because

Herons have a silence pseudo immunity. Their power is voice...bard Songs are not even magic...Why is my voice race bringing more stuff to the table for mage classes than the voice classes, is what I was thinking.
and well the answer to that is because bard didn't exist back then. Now it does!

Does silence even stop songs? probably not.