Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lackluster Homunculi SAN Investment
Currently, when one looks at the Homunculi races, they fill a similar niche to the Corrupted races statistically. They have no reason to build SAN (barring the bonuses provided by SAN, which are too few to incentivize building the stat unless you really need status resistance).

This is fine, but it's also boring. Most races have the choice to build SAN for additional benefits, so I believe that Homunculi should have the choice as well.

For this, I propose four traits:

Superior Spirit Shell
Due to their creator's due diligence, or a mutation acquired over their lifespan, the Amalgama's ability to retain spirits has grown.

For every 10 Scaled SAN, the Amalgama is able to hold another spirit (black or white). However, due to holding additional spirits, they take 3% extra Holy (including Curate's trait) damage for each spirit over the normal maximum of 5.

Advanced Wyvern Assimilation
Salamandra are beings created with portions of a Wyvern, one infused with an abnormal quantity of Wyvern viscera will have additional resistance to poisons.

Increases your Poison resistance by your Scaled SAN.

Superior Evolution
Ever evolving, and ever dangerous, a Chimera made with particular attention to quality will begin to take on the traits of its prey with increased potency.

The potency of status effects inflicted by a Chimera's evolutionary traits (i.e, Argent Bite) is increased by 2 levels per 15 Scaled SAN. Additionally, they will gain duration on status effects inflicted by their evolutionary abilities by +1 per 20 Scaled SAN.

Extreme Prowess
The evolution of a Chimera stems not only from their ability to absorb new traits from their prey, but to learn from watching the world around them, adapting their strategies as they see fit.

You gain an additional skill slot for every 12 Scaled SAN.

(Only one Chimera trait can be chosen at a time.)
---
All of these ideas are tentative but I believe them to be balanced while still encouraging the idea of building towards SAN in an economy where the points usually aren't worth it. Discussion of balancing and changes, or additional traits would be much appreciated.
[-] The following 7 users Like Pyro's post:
  • Collector, Dezark, Fern, JamOfBoy, Kazzy, messaiyan, Treantfence
i like all of these, but instead of chimera being the only ones with two trait choices, why not just make extreme prowess the second option for all homonculi? like, if you don't like your *specific* race's, choose this instead.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grandpa's post:
  • Pyro
I like these too buy superior evolving is kinda useless for passives
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
(08-08-2022, 01:53 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: I like these too buy superior evolving is kinda useless for passives
Unfortunately, I could not think of a way to actually improve chimera's many passives. Most aren't very good or don't do something that can be improved so leaving them alone to focus on active skills seemed fine. (Except starlight, that doesn't inflict a statue effect). It's more of a fundamental balance-fu there.
Just give them resistances of the granted elemental ATK, but that would be based on SAN.

So for example, a Fish Chimera gains +5 Water ATK, and SAN/2 Water Resistance. That'd be funny to see.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
More than 5 souls is actually way too overpowered I feel, even for being weaker against holy, which is a big drawback. Amalgama can roll an ability that literally doubles the effects of black spirits.

That means you could get 10 black spirits that all do +5% damage against, say, possessed. And then you'd be doing double damage against them. Kinda cooky. I do like the idea of buffing them, though.

I'd rather it just be they get an extra mutation for every twenty scaled sanctity. The mutation type being one of the spells.
That could be abusable with Fruit of Fluidity.

As for Amalgama in general, I would rather just give them a completely new interaction with Sanctity that simulates a better use of their Formidable passive. They're essentially spirit dolls anyway.

"There is also a Scaled SAN% + Scaled LUC% chance, while you are possessed by spirits, that damage higher than your current HP will leave you at (Character LV) HP instead, but a random spirit will leave from your possession."
(08-09-2022, 02:16 AM)Snake Wrote: That could be abusable with Fruit of Fluidity.

As for Amalgama in general, I would rather just give them a completely new interaction with Sanctity that simulates a better use of their Formidable passive. They're essentially spirit dolls anyway.

"There is also a Scaled SAN% + Scaled LUC% chance, while you are possessed by spirits, that damage higher than your current HP will leave you at (Character LV) HP instead, but a random spirit will leave from your possession."
Most people (including myself as an Amalgama player) really don't like losing spirits (in part because they're not that easy to get), and some of the Amalgama skills even require you to be at specifically 5 spirits. I feel this wouldn't be a good idea.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Fern's post:
  • Shujin, Snake
That's a trait-
(08-09-2022, 12:50 PM)Snake Wrote: That's a trait-
Oh, my bad, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about a new racial.

I still feel like I wouldn't ever want to use it though... do you know how painful it is to get spirits in Korvara?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]