Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweetleaf Buff
Sweetleaf is pretty outdated and its never used cause of how absolutely unreliable it is compared to other torso options.

I propose a buff to it in the form of.

Statusinfliction based chance to apply
and to compensate for the possibly being useless versus status resist a slight upgrade to is level to like 15 I guess. Not sure if 20 would be too much with diminishing returns, but probably..

Or other changes to make it overall a more welcome Enchant, thats not only used for memes.
That enchant needs an overall buff, and that's the right direction, yes. A more complete wishlist would entail something like uhhh...

Quote:Sweet Leaf

On the start of every round, there is a luck-based chance that enemies within 2 range of you will be inflicted with Charm (LV = 10 + Character LV/2) for 3 rounds.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
40% DR and being able to just slap someone with poison (which doesn't trigger charm).. and.. then just watching them bleed out to 10~20% HP damage every turn is awful.

And frankly something I wish didn't happen. As it stands right now, charm + poison is an EXTREMELY potent combination that blocks a ridiculous amount of damage to yourself, whilst also chunking your opponent by (generally) 10% of their health every round.

Yes, this turned into a Poison rant, but it turned into a poison rant because having enough SKI and WIL to afflict a large swathe of the game with 0 recourse shouldn't be 10~20% of your opponent's HP every turn, on top of a wall of defense that is 40% DR.
Yeah nah 15-20 is more than enough, with 20 already probably pushing it. 40 is just crazy.

What I might be able to see is if its based on Armor Type to go with the whole "The less armor, the better" theme

But I think I even probably just increase range/infliction rather than going that high.

Example:
Heavy Armor: 2 range, 50% of your status infliction chance. level 15 Charme
Medium Armor: 3 Range, 100% satus infliction chance. Level 20 Charme
Unarmored: 4 Range, 125% infliction rate, level 25 charme.

Just to get the point across. Because the LAST thing I want is for this to become another Tank survival meta boost. But I am absolutely fine with it to give Dodge characters a little lifeline when they build for it Because they need it.
Oh right, it gives DR%. AAAAAAAAA.

I was more thinking using other people to shield yourself. Maybe Charm's damage reduction needs to get a slap, if its proc rate is to go up, but that's just spitballing.

Not to go on a tangent. I don't disagree it could go up a bit.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]