Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fight as One
So we all know the powerful bonder skill 'Fight as one' where if you have bonded youkai within two range of yourself both of you get these crazy bonuses for hit crit crit evade and evade. But the clause 'all bonded youkai must be summoned for this to take effect' makes this so niche if you have more than one bonded that there's no real point to using it... And even then 2 range at all times is so difficult to make use of in a lot of cases too that in reality I believe this needs a change... My proposal.

The Quick Fix: Remove the all bonded youkai must be summoned for this to take effect clause and leave it at that.

The Deeper Fix: Remove all bonded youkai must be summoned and add that single bonded have the range doubled.

I say these sound fair enough.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
The bonus on multi youkai is already halved, parts of me wanted to suggest that we swap Single bonded with multi bonded just because how easy single bonded is buuuut...

Back to topic, I think the above is alright.
I have never really seen fight as one used outside of the install bonus with only one bonded youkai personally. I wouldn't want this to be doable without bonded youkai, but I also wouldn't mind it being easier to accomplish if you have three bonded youkai.
In the grander scale of Bonder, Fight As One is only egregiously strong from the Two Souls Beyond passive that grants it when installing. This sort of makes it hard to look at Fight As One on its own because changes you make to it might serve to make Two Souls Beyond installers stronger, which isn't quite ideal. I think if you ignore Two Souls Beyond, Fight As One is perfectly balanced for one bonded youkai, but horrible for multiple bonded.

I think Fight As One's range should be inversed from your proposal - if you have multiple bonded, the range of Fight As One increases. If you have only one bonded youkai, the range is smaller. Bigger buff, smaller range. Smaller buff, bigger range.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • Shujin