Grinkus - Request for Custom Origin / Race
Applicable BYOND Key:
Elrios

Character Name:
Grinkus

Request Type:
Custom Origin / Character Race

Request Details:
I'm hoping to play a character that is a 4'6" goblin. Issue is, this obviously isn't a standard playable race.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable):
Put plainly, I just enjoy the aesthetic of a small green creature that skitters around a workshop with a wrench and pieces of scrap and speaks primitively. I don't think it's especially far-fetched given the fact that there are many, many goblins roaming in dark, wild, uninhabited regions. But I'll admit, even after attempting to browse around for some lore regarding goblins (beyond their tribal nature), I haven't been able to drum up much. With that said, I can certainly provide a backstory to supplement the fact that this particular goblin is more intelligent than others with the immense aid of a human after being captured.

Now, I'm under the impression that this is unlikely to be accepted -- whether that's 'cause there's limitations regarding the the availability of /making/ custom races or because the idea of someone playing a goblin is as outlandish as it's been suggested to me... I'm not sure. Either way, I've got every intention of providing quality roleplay with a character of this sort.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request:
Based on what little info is provided in the description of the Goblin Spear enemy-type (https://sl2.fandom.com/wiki/Goblin_Spear) it's safe to say goblins do possess an amount of intelligence and can communicate, just not clearly -- which is to say, as I interpret it, a primitive form of their own language and possibly the common tongue if they were to learn it. I can only imagine the aid of a human would help substantially in both of these departments, but would certainly still leave something to be desired for both. I'm not aiming to play a goblin that speaks perfectly in the common tongue, or knows how to turn a ballpoint pen into a piece of space-age technology, but does know enough to maintain a reasonable conversation or provide substantial content without diminishing the quality of roleplay coming alongside it.