Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
PVP Etiquette
Music 
Hey, hey, hey-  It came up in a conversation today, so it's about time it comes to a thread and gets properly discussed, as a prelude for sending it up to GMs and Dev for final approval.

People have been making serious complaints that fights go on way too long, and that conflicts that would've happened didn't happen primarily because nobody wanted to be occupied for the next 6 hours.

I don't think that's healthy.  I'm not a modern-day 'pvp master man' but I historically have enjoyed pvp, and I think a healthy pvp scene is an important part of having a healthy game(as long as it's a game that includes pvp, obviously).

That's why I want to start this thread off with a really clear suggestion.  Serious fights that have more than 2 players(1v1) in them should be relegated to 1 minute timer for actions.  This gives you 1 minute per action.  So you have 1 minute to move, 1 minute to shoot, and 1 minute for one more action, for example, then it's time to end your turn.  Ideally, you should try to keep this as tight as you can and not take the full 1 minute.  The 1 minute timer is first and foremost so that things don't get out of hand too easily, and to spur people to act in proper timing.

As a follow up to this, consideration for your opponents should be a given.  Deliberate stalling in a turn by waiting until the last moment for an action multiple times in a turn isn't cool.  So it's right out.  Trying to time someone out in real life isn't a fun way to play for anyone involved and is phenomenally disrespectful to their time.

I think this will lead to a healthier PvP scene, particularly in Korvara.  I'm interested in y'all's takes and thoughts on what should be included as basic PvP etiquette, as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Chugma, Snake

Messages In This Thread
PVP Etiquette - by Maksimum_Fire - 08-29-2022, 05:55 AM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by Trexmaster - 08-29-2022, 06:36 AM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by Maksimum_Fire - 08-29-2022, 07:53 PM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by FaeLenx - 08-30-2022, 02:08 AM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by Maksimum_Fire - 08-30-2022, 03:50 AM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by PossumParty - 08-30-2022, 08:21 AM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by FaeLenx - 08-30-2022, 09:29 AM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by HaTeD - 08-30-2022, 01:52 PM
RE: PVP Etiquette - by lalchi - 08-30-2022, 03:50 PM