Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old sets
I'm currently of the mindset that Neverending story, and the whulf's claws needs some TLC

Shooting star from the whulf's claws could probably be changed to scale of Faith instead of willpower -or- just get a normal scaling of Swa+light attack. also could its range get increased a bit so that it feels less like discount Kadouha.

Also maybe like a potential for whulf that Martial artist skills would fire of shooting stars...

For never ending story I can think of two major ideas to make the set "viable"

Give them both 50% sound attack on hit and 50% light attack on hit, While changing twin dance to allow any weapons sharing a type OR a subtype

Change the rank 2 of the set effect so that they gain 50% of the matching fan. (konosekai gets 50% of your mugendai )
The problem with the suggested twin dance change is the same one that I'm pretty sure was mentioned last time that exact prospective change was suggested. Allowing twin dance to work with subtypes as well as main types is nice on paper, but can open the floodgates to a lot of potentially abusive situations with mutated weapons because they maintain their subtype.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sadbot's post:
  • Pyro
(09-04-2022, 10:51 AM)sadbot Wrote: The problem with the suggested twin dance change is the same one that I'm pretty sure was mentioned last time that exact prospective change was suggested. Allowing twin dance to work with subtypes as well as main types is nice on paper, but can open the floodgates to a lot of potentially abusive situations with mutated weapons because they maintain their subtype.
What about a performance sub talent for Fans and whips then.

Even then I don't see this as really a problem, Coyote pack does this already for shotguns...
For Whulf:

This set used to be absurdly broken when double attacking was it's thing, I also think that GR1 was not as nice to it either, giving it odd scalings to work with, I'd like to suggest at least the set effect give you twin dance as well when using fist weapons. I think that'd be okay to grant it, as a callback to it's roots. (As now we have double attacking in a far more balanced manner.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Miller
(09-04-2022, 04:43 PM)Autumn Wrote: For Whulf:

This set used to be absurdly broken when double attacking was it's thing, I also think that GR1 was not as nice to it either, giving it odd scalings to work with, I'd like to suggest at least the set effect give you twin dance as well when using fist weapons. I think that'd be okay to grant it, as a callback to it's roots. (As now we have double attacking in a far more balanced manner.)
that sounds okay, as a 3 piece effect.
It certainly doesn't feel like a far more balanced manner with Ymir fists personally! But other than that, I also think that it could be cool if the whulf set just made your kadouha better? Sort of like how Eresh's potential unlock can make Eclair Lacroix way stronger, perhaps the Whulf set can change Kadouha in the following ways:
1: Kadouha obtains a 3 turn Cooldown.
2: Kadouha's damage is increased by 50%
3: Kadouha's explosion is twice as large
(Maybe it also grants the Kadouha skill? Its probably strange for a weapon set to only be usable in one specific class.)

Shooting star has always been useless due to not having the normal weapon scaling in it.
On that subject, plz buff ying and yang
(09-11-2022, 03:50 PM)Poruku Wrote: On that subject, plz buff ying and yang
My opinion on buffing these is simple, now that guns have been changed to only apply on hits once despite number of rounds

--Gain 50% light/dark attack on hit
--Scaling changed to Dextria light/dark
Yin and Yang are fine. Double Dao is still strong. The only real issue is that . . .Gunners don't really want res and faith, which are the main reason I think they're almost never used. Double Dao is basically 3m for: 100% Dark + 100% light + 100% SWA (Since its 50% of each gun's swa) and then +2 rounds to both guns for two rounds, on a three turn cd.

Shooting star is completely, entirely useless. It lacks SWA added to the skill, so its just like. 75% wil and 75% str or something.
(09-15-2022, 11:38 AM)renowner Wrote: Yin and Yang are fine. Double Dao is still strong. The only real issue is that . . .Gunners don't really want res and faith, which are the main reason I think they're almost never used.  Double Dao is basically 3m for: 100% Dark + 100% light + 100% SWA (Since its 50% of each gun's swa) and then +2 rounds to both guns for two rounds, on a three turn cd.

Shooting star is completely, entirely useless. It lacks SWA added to the skill, so its just like. 75% wil and 75% str or something.
Its why I wouldn't change double dao, I'd change the guns

Give them Dextria light/dark so they go deeper into their funny stats, Also give them 50% light/dark on hit since that isn't a problem for guns anymore.