Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bard's Sound Wave needs a buff.
[Image: unknown.png]

This is horrible for the only thing in a class based around singing and dancing which deals sound damage. I'm sure everyone agrees this needs to be toned up slightly to at least be a considerable basic skill.

Sound Wave

- Needs to be a 3 wide range projectile and pierce, like Kadouha behaves.
- Needs to have its minimal scaling be 100% Sound ATK, 100% Scaled WPN ATK, (Scales with +5% per Skill Rank, to a max of 110% SWA/110% Sound ATK).
- Has no need for Cooldown, increase its FP cost to (10/15/20 FP cost), so spamming it drains FP faster through Repeat Action.
- If you have Volume Up active, the range is doubled and it also knocks back all damaged enemies once, after the projectile disappears.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(09-05-2022, 07:08 PM)Snake Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

This is horrible for the only thing in a class based around singing and dancing which deals sound damage. I'm sure everyone agrees this needs to be toned up slightly to at least be a considerable basic skill.

Sound Wave

- Needs to have its minimal scaling be 100% Sound ATK, 100% Scaled WPN ATK, (Scales with +5% per Skill Rank, to a max of 110% SWA/110% Sound ATK).
- Has no need for Cooldown, increase its FP cost to (10/15/20 FP cost), so spamming it drains FP faster through Repeat Action.
- Maybe as an additional effect at max rank, make all enemies damaged by it be knocked back 1 tile away from you, after they are damaged.
Absolutely seconded. Though I did have the idea of maybe having the sound wave start as a one-tile wide skill and expand as it travels along? It would play into the wave idea a bit, and might be interesting to see. It'd be very nice to see sound attack getting some love in general, I feel that bard is kinda... I mean it doesn't really feel right with only the one, weak sound attack available. Seeing it buffed would at least help in some regard.
(09-05-2022, 07:08 PM)Snake Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

Sound Wave

- If you have Volume Up active, the range is doubled and it also knocks back all damaged enemies once, after the projectile disappears.

Uhh this is all fine, I would say for simplicity sake, and watching the skill's balance overall, I would only implement the projectile becoming a 3 wide projectile with piercing properties added to it.

I would also say Volume Up doesn't need to do anything too special? Volume Up should just add range to it, the same range as Volume Up's range normally. (+3 at Rank 3)
I went big but it's not like we got any more sources of sound damage in Bard anyway, it's up to choice and effort.
Give performer a passive that makes them using soundwave make every other bardclass also use soundwave at the nearest enemy like a bunch of voidgates.

I want a performer dancer combo class meme build idea. This wouldn't even be that strong considering the amount of positioning required for its lack of damage, even buffed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • HaTeD
(09-06-2022, 04:31 AM)FaeLenx Wrote: Give performer a passive that makes them using soundwave make every other bardclass also use soundwave at the nearest enemy like a bunch of voidgates.

I want a performer dancer combo class meme build idea. This wouldn't even be that strong considering the amount of positioning required for its lack of damage, even buffed.

Crescendo. I like this team synergy suggestion. Sort of like dancers skill to force an ally or charmed enemy to dance with you, cept you're the lead artist for a band and you start the song, your bandmates following through.
Cursed Suggestion:

Make it always cause Ear Injury even in spars.

Enjoy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • HaTeD, Poruku
Y'all.
This is a base-class skill, meant to be an equivalent to Holy Arrow or Miu. It's fine, it's just an issue of not enough in Bard actually scaling off of Sound ATK/SAN.
It's not equivalent at all. 90% Sound ATK / 110% SWA that can only be used with an Instrument, which often scales from Stat/Sanctity is not something that will ever have a decent number.

And on top of that, it has a cooldown for some reason. Where other basic skills have at the very least, more damage, more range, and can be spammed.

This is by far the most underwhelming offensive basic skill in the whole game.