Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Prolong Affect More
The following skills could do with being affected with prolong and it would make them actually usable:
- Brine blade
- Ensui Veil (these two just make sense considering ring of pearls works)
- Quickness
- Invigoration

Maybe brighten but it's already a decent skill.
[-] The following 3 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Kazzy, Shujin, Snake
Parts of me wants to add Refreshing flow to the list and most certainly sea stride (that skill won't be good even with that, but certainly atleast useable)

But I can see how it might be too much on Refreshing Flow.

though 5 rounds * 45HP =225HP...thats basically one graft in a little weaker spread over 5 turns. I feel the benefit of not burst healing could be that it just heals more overall overtime to have a proper trade off. But it certainly would make it pretty good then.
Refreshing flow just doesn't need it. Plus it would mean spellthief just slaps that on battle start and gets massive sustain

Sea stride.... Yeah that skill needs to be entirely reworked, it's useless, but that's another discussion
Yeah a big 'No' for Refreshing Flow. But Brighten? Why the heck doesn't it affect that? I hate having to rebuff all my allies every 3 rounds. (2 effective rounds, tbh)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Hard no. If AQ skills get the prolong treatment, it'd only be fair to give it to the other buff skills. Distortion? Dark Imbue? Winds? 

I don't think 8 turn Brine Blade especially is a good idea. God forbid you cast it on a VA with how strong it is already. These skills all have use, even if Ensui Veil specifically is a little lackluster.

Please god do not give priest an 8 turn, team wide, statstick button; they have enough of that already.
I rather have skills useful than never used.

also the stat stick is a joke, isn't it? You aren't serious. Curate buffs are HORRIBLE...I cri everytime a teammate uses them, over anything else. Its wasted momentum. besides 8 turns already exists with pacifist.
I think it can apply half as effectively to brine blade considering how strong it can be. Its fine to start introducing prolong to affect most enchant-class spells and skills, enchanter should be a sub-category support that works very similar to Tactician, though instead of immediate malleable effects, they instead benefit from buffing their allies over longer periods of times, or shielding them in some way.

Aquamancer does a very good job at sort of appealing to this, though in some areas it lacks (Namely reliance on crests)
(09-10-2022, 05:59 AM)Poruku Wrote: The following skills could do with being affected with prolong and it would make them actually usable:
- Brine blade
- Ensui Veil (these two just make sense considering ring of pearls works)
- Quickness
- Invigoration

Maybe brighten but it's already a decent skill.

Quickness and Invigoration are already affected by Prolong.
I don't know why Brighten isn't either, but it is what it is. Though I'd be careful with giving certain buffs the 'enchant' type as it could easily go out of control for a miserable 3M cost.
Oh wow that's my bad. That makes the edge cases even more strange
(09-11-2022, 06:35 AM)Poruku Wrote: Oh wow that's my bad. That makes the edge cases even more strange

Nah its not shown exactly anywhere but the patch notes at the time, It'd be better if Enchant-class was in the skill description somehow, I believe as an icon where the rest of the icons normally are would suffice.