Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhyst - Korvaran Character, Youkai, and Weapon Ability
Applicable BYOND Key - Butlerusk
Character Name - Rhyst
Request Type - Character Ability Fluff, Weapon Ability Fluff
Request Details -
a) The ability to vaguely 'sense' when something in the Cursed Forest is wrong (IE. It's under immense danger/pain, or something appears to be changing drastically). This is under very specific circumstances.

b) The weapon ability to be able to absorb/copy and keep memories based on those it's cut, and the ability to spew out these memories into a different person either on command or on accident depending on how well the user can control it.

c) The youkai being out and able to connect to the world as a sort of miniature version of itself, like a half-summon in a smaller form. Unable to communicate fully with anyone that isn't her contractor, however.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -
a) The first one would be merely for plot purposes if in the future, the Cursed Forest becomes something that can be interacted with. Also it's just purely for a stronger connection to the fact that my character comes from the Cursed Forest near the ruins.

b) This one is moreso a gimmick and a cool plot idea for later. In general, it's a pretty niche ability and won't see that much usage outside of specific scenes. However, I still think it's good to know if I can do it.

c) This is just so the youkai can be there visually and bully Rhyst sometimes, I was told to add this to the application for posterity.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Character Ability Lore - It's stated in the lore document that Doriads have slightly stronger affinity and understanding of their birth forest. I don't plan to ask for the ability to know what exactly is wrong with the forest, nor will I ask for the ability to know from anywhere. I want to have the abiilty to pinpoint something vague, such as 'This Forest is in pain' or 'This forest is changing'. Also, Rhyst would require being right next to the forest edge, or even inside of the forest to do this.

Weapon Ability Lore - I've seen eventmins do something similar, having magic or objects that can manipulate or absorb, take, or eat the memories of others. I've also been informed from previous conversations (I don't have said conversations because they took place in Skype help) that it's possible items can do this, too. The idea would be that someone stabbed or cut by the blade could have some of their memories either taken or, conversely, 'copied' over into the blade (In Game it's a Rapier of Resent). The memories could then be transferred by holding onto the hilt of the sword, or through stabbing someone else and injecting it into them via a burst of Focus to activate it. The Blade wouldn't be able to give someone full on amnesia, unless the player of the character REALLY wanted it, I feel. Even then, I would require permission from the player to use this item on them anyway, as with most abilities.

EXTRA WEAPON STUFF: The more memories this blade has, the brighter it shines, until it's nearly pure white. It could probably be used as a torch at that point.

The amount of memories it can take us unknown, unless a cap would need to be added.

This item was probably a relic from the Cursed Ruins or someone who was in the Cursed Forest previously, depending on what's allowed.

Youkai Ability Lore - I'll be honest I've just seen people do this before, with fairies or other types of youkai all the time. I'm uncertain there's much thought to put into this, unfortunately, but hopefully it'll work out. No other abilities other than just- existing as more of a projection that can't really touch anything except her contractor. Meaning that she can't harm anyone, or even really talk to anyone. She can hear and understand what's going on, but that's about the most of it aside from her visual projection.
A, B and C all seem fine.

For B it seems you're aware that you would still need a players consent if you're going to steal their memories so as long as you keep that in mind I don't see any further problems for you to proceed. Its origin should also be kept to the cursed forest deal, since as of this moment the cursed ruins are still a mystery waiting to be explored for everyone including me.
[Image: tenor.gif]