Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Idle Status
I was thinking after observation. 

Some players likes to sit somewhere and just go idle to see what will come to the place after a while.

This tends to have Idle people laying around, and when other players see them (on the exception if a LFG is up) They don't necceserally know what they are up to.

They could drink, play a card game, drawing, attending something or plotting evil scheme.
But if a player is idle, we just think. "Well, they icly sleep."

An item, or an option, giving us the possibility to make our own status, could help greatly on setting an alive environment. 

So instead of having the classic player with

Ren Brown
Idle

We can have :

Ren Brown
Taking a break, sipping tea.

And who knows ? It even may, maybe, make other players confident to walk up on other at the sight of an opportunity.
[-] The following 3 users Like lalchi's post:
  • Fern, Shadbase, WhiteHaired
I actually love the idea of having a custom "current state" thing. I feel like it should be more visible though, like for instance:

You see a character has a status because they have a little indicator like a square with three dots instead of a bubble. Then if you hover them it shows up in large letters above their character.
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Fern, Shadbase
Please god yes, as funny as it is the first time to go "Oh they must be daydreaming" it does get tiresome the next few times, having something like "Reading a book intensely" is fine.
Customizable 'Idle' text? Sign me in.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I love this idea!
all for this. +1
This would be such an amazing fix to the feeling of being really freaking awkward trying to figure out if someone's just outright AFK or just waiting for someone to show up to RP while tabbed out, too.
You could set it right to "Ping for RP" and not have to rely on MAYBE someone reading your OOC notes.
+1
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
Bump.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Such an important feature tbh
I still want it too.