Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daemyra - Grimweaving - Ability request
Applicable BYOND Key - Imotepmechythings

Character Name - Daemyra Salrel

Request Type - Character Ability, grimweaving fluff rp healing

Daemyra is known to be a potent grimweaver, recognized as such by multiple people of note across Korvara, such as the leader of Skouge, often teaching and imparting knowledge about the art to others, alongside utilizing it upon numerous occasions to apply debuffs and boon to others.

Using Spirit pain as a basis, an ability in the hexer tree, that under the right circumstances can provide healing to the caster, I would like to possess a more advanced varient 'vitality and affliction transfer'.
This would confer no in combat advantage, as the pace of combat wouldn't allow for spirit pain to be used beyond its most basic mechanical state, but out of combat and specifically for the intents of rp, I would like to be able to use the advanced version to be able to transfer life force and potentially physical afflictions between two entities.

Eg. Person A has a laceration. Daemyra able to use her own vitality (health), to heal said wound, though by extension becoming visibly weakned and or sickly.

Eg2. Person A has multiple injuries and is to die without immediate, potent, treatment. Daemyra would be able to transfer a measure of vitality from a third party (person B), who is in a better state to able to endure the drain, thus stabilizing person A.

Eg3. Daemyra would be able to draw the life force of a willing or suitibly subdued individual, to invigorate/heal herself. Such potentially leading to the death of the targetted individual (generally npc's, monsters and the like, but also players with their consent - I don't like to kill people so the latter is highly unlikely to even come up.)

This is not mercana (gleamweaving), Daemyra's affinities with the dark preventing her from accessing such abilities and is very much a toll/price form of healing, requiring essentially a sacrifice of some kind in order to achieve. I would also consider there to be a less than 100% efficiency to the process and as such, the entire sacrifice of one life wouldn't fully heal a person, should their wounds be serious enough, still requiring down time to recuperate and recover.

I think that a dark, almost sadistic form of healing would fall in line with the rp around grimweaving and its various rituals. I'm thinking visually speaking, very similar to WoW's, Gul'dan's life absorption and transfer, with less of the green skin and more just general fluff visuals.
[-] The following 2 users Like Imotepchief's post:
  • Blissey, Red Witch
Seeing as how this is actually worse off than normal healing most people RP with and even menacing sounding I see no issue with this ability.

Feel free to go through with it as is.

No reviving the dead though. You'll want to app for necromancy if that's what you want.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • Imotepchief