Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bandz a Make Her Dance [Core Table]
wait. 0.12% chance to get a 9 star item? How does that even work.

Also, half of the 9 star items are utter garbage, the only ones that are worthwhile are red letter, nihilist, circle ring.. and those are only worthwhile in PVP, barring Red Letter for PvE... Honestly, 9 star items aren't that great and the Jack hammer, let alone BODY GUARD OR BLACK HEART, is better than the 9 star Brightray Plate.
Don't forget it's not only the ninestar items that'd likely be affected by the idea. Even higher chance for 8 star and so on. If it works the way I think it does.

Anyway I'm for the bands to have their rarity lowered, because compared to rings, they're slightly inferior. How, you ask? Slots they take up.I feel raising the rarity drops is a bad idea because well. Hello. rare items.
Bands are the worst items in the game. "Oh, nice, +2-4 in a stat!" Which eats up a precious arm slot. Nearly any other use for arms is better, barring basic gauntlets and the like, but basic gauntlets aren't 4 star rarity. And I'd probably still take basic gauntlets over bands on some characters! Really, I'd use any of the following over bands any day:

- A subweapon
- A shield
- A nihilist
- Left empty for an Evoker's boost.

When would these be useful? Until you get anything else to replace it with. But their 4 star rarity means you can't even just toss one to your level 1, since twinking rules dictate you be 20+ before transferrring them over! And since most new characters start with the Jammer Cave, they're most likely 11-15 by the time they beat Kinu, limiting the timeframe they could realistically get a -good- band from a core before 20, themselves.

Seriously. Lower the rarity of bands. Please. It's absurd how many keep popping up in cores. They're bad. Like, really bad.
*loud burp*
I for one enjoy receiving countless bands that I either haul all the way to Zeo or right-click -> destroy. ...Yeah, nope. Please lower their rarity. For me this isn't so much about "I want more 9-stars" as much as it is "these things are junk and do not deserve a spot in a massive core." Rare items being rare items aside, some people have busy schedules and don't have time to farm dungeons all day. It's pretty disheartening to put any of your valuable time into clearing a dungeon only to get nothing but... worthless junk.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Like I said, lowering the rarity of bands or upping the minimum rarity won't change anything aside from what items earn your ire. It's pointless.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5951#p5951 Wrote:Neus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:37 pm[/url]"]Like I said, lowering the rarity of bands or upping the minimum rarity won't change anything aside from what items earn your ire. It's pointless.

I disagree, for one very good reason.

Any other item has the potential to be useful on some character ever. Bands do not. Bands are 100% completely and utterly useless. At least with other items, we have the potential for a decent item. A band will never be decent, due to the fierce competition for that arm slot. But every other piece of gear has niches and gimmicks it can fit beautifully with. Oh, we got a Void Walker with a low percentage? It could have been a good one. It's something to see and check. No one even checks bands. They're useless vendor trash.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5951#p5951 Wrote:Neus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:37 pm[/url]"]Like I said, lowering the rarity of bands or upping the minimum rarity won't change anything aside from what items earn your ire. It's pointless.
If it's that harmless, then why shouldn't the band rarities be adjusted?

In any case, it's not a case of, 'you're just mad at it because that's all you get.' It's a case of 'i can't do a goddamn thing with this piece of shit.'

Why, you ask?
1. Due to higher-level cores handing them out like candy, there's absolutely no point in selling them because everyone's flooded in bands.
2. You can't break them down for anything.
3. You can't use them in any crafts.
4. At least one of them is invalidated when the game outright gives you a strictly better replacement for completing a very simple task.

I am more than sure that literally every other item that could come out of a high-level core wouldn't even come close to being controversial when they can be broken down, or sold off to someone who doesn't quite have it, or even find use in a crafting recipe. You can't do any of that with bands.

tl;dr Massive Cores ruined the bands, spare them from their misery. What's the harm in it?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
#removebands from game, no one uses them EVER

maybe if there was a wrist slot for gloves and shit, we might use bands, otherwise no one will use bands, ever.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5953#p5953 Wrote:Chaos » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:49 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5951#p5951 Wrote:Neus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:37 pm[/url]"]Like I said, lowering the rarity of bands or upping the minimum rarity won't change anything aside from what items earn your ire. It's pointless.

tl;dr Massive Cores ruined the bands, spare them from their misery. What's the harm in it?

Pointless =/= harmless. It's pointless because the next target would be the rings. Or Burning Bracers. Or whatever item people are getting a lot of next. You -know- that's exactly what would happen. Rarity 3 is already overflowing with items, anyway.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5957#p5957 Wrote:Neus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:12 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5953#p5953 Wrote:Chaos » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:49 pm[/url]"]

Pointless =/= harmless. It's pointless because the next target would be the rings. Or Burning Bracers. Or whatever item people are getting a lot of next. You -know- that's exactly what would happen. Rarity 3 is already overflowing with items, anyway.
People are going to bitch about something at any given time, yes. The thing is that the Bands aren't just a case of wanton hate; they are actually as godawful as people say they are for a drop from a high-level core. Especially when they come in spades.

Rings are actually completely usable, since they go into a spot that doesn't have the stiff competition seen with the hand slot, and a +3 unconditional boost to STR, WIL or VIT in an accessory slot isn't anything to scoff at.
Hell, even the lamest of the crafting weapons have the possibility of enchantments and materials for someone to break down for a chance at obtaining the materials/catalysts, or end up being a worthy foundation for a usable weapon.
Burning Bracers are probably the only 4* item that would even remotely come close to how bad the bands are, but even then they seem to rarely pop up from my experience, and offer something that could go into some sort of unorthodox build, I suppose.

Really, at this point, the bands should be somewhere between 1* and 2*. They offer something to the beginner levels, but become quickly outdated once it hits midgame-late game.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye