Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra Chat Customization
Far from an emergent thing, but I've been thinking about these for a while:
A) Being able to put up an image link to serve as new chat's background, rather than just having it be a flat color.
B) Being able to change the overall color of the SL2 interface (probably including the blue squares HUD as well)

Below, I've posted mock-ups of what I mean.

The current new chat:
[Image: unknown.png]

Mock-up examples of the customization I'm talking about:
[Image: prof2.png]

[Image: prof1.png]

I'm not sure how difficult it is to implement all of those things, but I thought it'd be a neat idea if it was possible. How I imagine the first suggestion to work is that when you click the gear icon to customize your chat, there's an option/button for putting in a direct image link that would serve as its background. The option for changing the overall color of your SL2 interface could probably be located somewhere in Preferences.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Fern's post:
  • Dystopia, Pyro, Soul_Hacker, SpaceShibe
new chat buffs new chat buffs new chat buffs new chat buffs
092: Requiem for a Fallen Angel
[-] The following 2 users Like Soul_Hacker's post:
  • Fern, Snake
I think that'd be really cool, so long as it wouldn't somehow make the server run slower.
I don't think it would make the server run slower since that's a feature that only operate on the client side.

It's not a background that would be need to be transfered throught the server.

In brief, it woudl source a file inside your computer, not a file inside the server, nor would it need to upload it on the server.
(10-27-2022, 04:19 PM)lalchi Wrote: I don't think it would make the server run slower since that's a feature that only operate on the client side.

It's not a background that would be need to be transfered throught the server.

In brief, it woudl source a file inside your computer, not a file inside the server, nor would it need to upload it on the server.

Yeah, exactly, the idea is that the background you choose is taken from a direct image link so there's no need for uploading (which, I don't know if that makes it not contribute to lag at all, but I imagine would be much better for the server overall.)
[Image: Fern22.gif]