Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archer Promoted Class Idea
I've been thinking lately due to my new build being based heavily around traps, and it just got my brain whirling.

Class Idea: Hunter

Basically it would be a promo for Archer that is heavily trap focused and has bonuses for them and the stats related to them, I'm not good at balancing nor in depth ideas, but something like...

Pitfall Trap:

you can toss down a pitfall trap, if someone steps in it, they take X amount of Blunt or Piercing Damage = to 100% SWA and 150% GUI (like most traps) have their movement ended, and get Immobilized until their next turn (to simulate needing to climb out of the trap) but give it a smaller deploy range 1 at lowest rank, 3 at highest. 

I'm sure smarter people than myself could come up with other skills that could relate to this. like maybe something that is like "Trap Marked is 30% more damage rather than 15% if you're Main Class Hunter or something, I'd just like to see more trap love.
I feel like traps are ok as they are: a neat subset of skills that can be strong in their own right. I think they make more sense as a bonus thing rather than basing a class around it. The best kind of trap builds use gust trap anyway.