Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafting Injuries
Let's say you're using the chopping board to make sushi, the knife slips, and you accidentally slice your finger open! Or your hand.

Or you're using the oven to bake something, and you burn yourself.

Depending on how difficult the recipe is, vs your skill level, I guess would determine the chance of injuring yourself. So if you had level 6 cooking, and were making something easy, such as

For instance, if you have level 6 cooking and are making a level 1 recipe, the odds would be low, or perhaps even non-existent. Talents like first aid would probably reduce the odds further...

Different skills could offer different injuries. For instance, tailoring could be stabbing yourself with a needle. Or woodworking, and you hit your hand with a hammer. etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhiteHaired's post:
  • Pyro
Who hurt you? Why are you like this?
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senna's post:
  • WhiteHaired
I like the idea but if it is a minor injury then noooo, -1 will is just annoyning from a bumped head.
[-] The following 1 user Likes firehawk11's post:
  • WhiteHaired
Yes please. The character should also be forced to make an emote about it kinda like the sneezing trait. With the "injury" face icon
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • WhiteHaired
(11-30-2022, 01:17 PM)Senna Wrote: Who hurt you? Why are you like this?

From an IC perspective, to me, it makes zero sense not to have accidents. Especially for low level crafters who are still learning. It doesn't have to be all the damn time-- because yes THAT would be annoying. But every now and then? I don't see why not. If nothing else it might encourage people to keep bandages or other things on hand, which in turn creates RP because unless you make all those things yourself, you'll be buying it from someone.
This is a terrible idea. Anyone who is crafting crafts typically 500+ things a go.

I know I typically craft 300-1500 things per day. Sometimes significantly more, even. The part where you say there's even be a 'low chance' at 6 skill vs. level 1 craft shows this would be highly absurd in practice.

The reason people don't keep stuff like bandages stocked on them isn't because of lack of resources, it's because it adds weight. I don't know why we'd need to punish crafters more than they already are - You can RP being a clumsy fool all you want without forcing it on everyone else.
(12-04-2022, 12:23 AM)Tana Wrote: This is a terrible idea. Anyone who is crafting crafts typically 500+ things a go.

I know I typically craft 300-1500 things per day. Sometimes significantly more, even. The part where you say there's even be a 'low chance' at 6 skill vs. level 1 craft shows this would be highly absurd in practice.

The reason people don't keep stuff like bandages stocked on them isn't because of lack of resources, it's because it adds weight. I don't know why we'd need to punish crafters more than they already are - You can RP being a clumsy fool all you want without forcing it on everyone else.
I did say a "or non-existent'' for instance could be 1% chance or even just zero chance. 

That said it's not being 'clumsy', literally even professionals IRL make mistakes at times.
Yes.

Stop making so many items.
If you're cutting 1500 potatoes every day it just makes sense you'd get a cut at some point

Memes aside, if this was ever seriously considered, crafters should get some other buff in compensation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • WhiteHaired
I like this idea.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]