Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafting Injuries
Why can't you just do it icly if you want injuries?

PC characters are essentially the stand outs from society, able to absorb blows from creatures that would otherwise fell people easily, the wounds endured in combat would kill normal people, yet through magic or otherwise your character can survive with but bandages and time, outside of extreme circumstances.

Knicks and cuts from slicing carrots becoming something that inhibits you in combat, just shouldn't be a thing, not to mention the fact that even regular people who do actually physically train tend to callous, making such injuries less common.

If you want to rp your character as a regular person with all the vulnerabilities that come with it, all power to you, but I don't see how it makes sense to further penalize crafting mechanically.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imotepchief's post:
  • Blissey
Because it's funny
If the injuries are kept to minor or something of the sort I could see it perhaps. Since we have plenty of talents and the sort that make injuries that even if we recieve (pulled shoulder, bumped head, splinter, etc.) from harvesting/mining/etc are automatically treated anyway. make most things easily treated as it is already. I don't know if I'd say about having it force a emote personally, especially if your the sort who just numbers it anyway thanks to the new emote window you can pull up. (it my favorite new thing for when I have tons of fi and I don't wish to name them) Since at that point like it mentioned, you can icly choose to mention it if you want. Since a few nicks and such might be uncommon but not unheard of especially if your in a cycle on it all.
Sounds annoying. Do you know how disruptive random -1 WIL injuries already are?