Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlock All Korvara Races
(02-06-2023, 02:13 AM)Shadbase Wrote: (We love a good necrobump)
Yeah, just to clarify I don't think anybody cares about them being ageless, or else Elves and Wild Elves would be banned off Korvara too...
and half the playerbase would suddenly be out of a good playby because now everyone has to visibly age because everybody in SL2 is ageless. They put chemicals in the water or something.

It's about their full immortality (in the case of only Vampires and Liches) and the potential problems that arise in conflict - both ICly and mechanically - with them.

I'm a lizard that doesn't pay attention to the dates till after, MANY APOLOGIES kek
[-] The following 1 user Likes Infernalis's post:
  • Shadbase
That's fine. Topic is still in actuallity.

I'd be fine with any locked race. Althought i'd like to see them coming through players action.

I heard Geladyne is working to have the construction of mechanation to happen. (May to be verified)

I could see Lich, Vampire or even Dulhallan to exist through players interaction.

Obviously it'd be more complicated for Zerans :v
It's really not complicated for Zerans, is the weird thing.

If it were, we wouldn't have Glykin, Hyattr, or Phenex - races right up the same alley as Zerans, especially in the first two's cases since their names are also deviations of their god's names. They were heavily related to gods (Glycon, Hyatt, Helondis) - especially since Glycon created Glykin much like Zera created Zerans - and yet we still have them in Korvara with no bans or anything. And not to mention Papilions, while not being god related but being 100% related to Kysei, are allowed in Korvara despite that as well.
Zerans being banned still feels very arbitrary since very similar races were allowed to 'hand-wave' their lore connections to gods.

If anything, they couldn't've shipwrecked in Korvara centuries ago, lost their lineage story, and now just exist and are considered one of the odd freaks of nature that every weird race is?
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadbase's post:
  • Bryce_Hego
I mean, I suppose for Zerans specifically their racial traits are direct references to Zera and Zera's teachings, which just don't exist in Korvara.
(02-07-2023, 10:57 AM)Shadbase Wrote: It's really not complicated for Zerans, is the weird thing.

If it were, we wouldn't have Glykin, Hyattr, or Phenex - races right up the same alley as Zerans, especially in the first two's cases since their names are also deviations of their god's names. They were heavily related to gods (Glycon, Hyatt, Helondis) - especially since Glycon created Glykin much like Zera created Zerans - and yet we still have them in Korvara with no bans or anything. And not to mention Papilions, while not being god related but being 100% related to Kysei, are allowed in Korvara despite that as well.
Zerans being banned still feels very arbitrary since very similar races were allowed to 'hand-wave' their lore connections to gods.

If anything, they couldn't've shipwrecked in Korvara centuries ago, lost their lineage story, and now just exist and are considered one of the odd freaks of nature that every weird race is?

My thoughts exactly.
If Hyattr can be called Hyattr without Hyatt, that more or less sells that Zerans don't have any excuse to not be around just cause it's similar to Zera. (Though I think it's weird when people refer to Magmic ore as Nerif Blood IC)

Unrelated but still strange is that all G6 humans are playable in Korvara with no lore complications, but the Korvara humans can't be played in G6?

(02-08-2023, 12:34 AM)Imotepchief Wrote: I mean, I suppose for Zerans specifically their racial traits are direct references to Zera and Zera's teachings, which just don't exist in Korvara.

I don't believe this makes any sense, or the description of many items and materials would have had to have been changed for Korvara. The flavortext of perks shouldn't be an issue of any kind, as it's merely that, flavortext. If a new player mistakes it as accurate Korvara lore you'd have to correct them, just like any other situation of something similar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bryce_Hego's post:
  • Shadbase
God no, absolutely no, everything in my heart and soul no. The instant Liches and Dullahans are allowed in Korvara is the instant the game becomes dead to me, for real. I don't care about mechenations one way or another, but feel like they should be devved towards more beforehand, and actually created. I think it'll be cooler that way. Vampires too, I feel would be cooler if they're first introduced by some big event chain. But never liches, never dullahans, ever, ever. EVER. Not even from an immortality standpoint, not even from a lore standpoint. They're just so insanely brokenly op and unfun to play against that it would decimate everything in Korvara forever. Geladyne crumbles to the might of the three lich party Telegrad suddenly has, as 400,000 Amalgama all die to their immortal unkillable uncrittable infinite fp akeshic damage Lv68 burn asses, alongside their permanent 10 momentum heavy armor self healing brother.
(But yes immortality would be a big problem too, I just assume it would be dealt with if they were allowed ever.)

I also think Zerans shouldn't have ever not been allowed though to be honest, but whatever. Really makes no serious sense.

Funnily enough you can still get black spirits for races that don't exist in Korvara.

However. . .
Admins, let me dev to be the soul race. Lemme not get a race. Unlock 'soul' for Korvara, so I can go rp as a black page spirit and be spooky.
Everyone who wants to play a lich, let us just be a soul instead. 0 base stats except vit, no racial traits. . . . But we get to be a little glittery soul ghostie.
I would unironically love to play one.
If your concern is balance in pvp I feel like that's an even easier fix. They are pretty strong races and could use a bit of a nerf
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Shadbase
If you're just going to nerf them and then also remove their immortality anyway, there then becomes pretty much no point in unlocking the race to begin with.
Unlock the base soul race for Korvara instead!
Already weak, already isn't immortal. Lets you get your lich fix anyway.
(02-15-2023, 12:45 PM)renowner Wrote: If you're just going to nerf them and then also remove their immortality anyway, there then becomes pretty much no point in unlocking the race to begin with.
Unlock the base soul race for Korvara instead!
Already weak, already isn't immortal. Lets you get your lich fix anyway.
What the hell do you mean, there's no point? I don't care about the mechanics, I want the roleplay. That's why I'm advocating for the problematic elements to be removed so we can enjoy these races
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Miller
I have no idea why anyone is up in arms over mechanics of all things when they've almost entirely taken a backseat on Korvara. If they need nerfs, nerf them; simple as that. I on the other hand prefer Liches and Dullahans to be a stronger mechanical race and would rather not homogenize their strengths to be on par with others, but that's besides the point.

Liches, Dullahans and Vampires on Korvara would be cool, the argument that 'Noone will roleplay them right' just comes off as pointless elitism because in my honest opinion, a lot of the ones on Mainland weren't done right and... that's okay? I think an attempt at one is better than none at all, so long as they're trying their best instead of Sans Lich/some sort of joke Dully or a loli vampire we've seen done to death in the early days of SL2.

Really I think these races are interesting RP avenues and I'd much rather see them without their immortality on Korvara, even if it means they'll end up being flavored as something distinctly different from the great six.

As for Zerans, yeah it never really made much sense to me; there's races like Hyattr and so forth that have already been pointed out in this thread. But I also feel it's worth noting how awkward it is to play a Papillion in Korvara, some nations have their own lore for it like Duyuei; but it comes off as kind of awkward compared to just saying 'this dumb idiot got lost in the forest and lived'.
[-] The following 4 users Like Miller's post:
  • Autumn, lalchi, Poruku, Shadbase