Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.68] Login Equipment bonuses do not apply
In some characters of mine, whenever I log in, accessory items that grant bonus stats, such as High Mage's Cape, fail to load properly and count as if they are not equipped, despite being in my equipment slot.

In cases where you need the extra WIL to give you a skill slot, the skill becomes unequipped as you log in. And if you are careless enough to get in a fight, you will be in combat without your Accessories counting as if they're working.

The only known bootleg "fix" for this, is re-equipping your items.

This is not easy to be replicated between character given its inconsistency, and I suspect this only happens to characters who have spent Stat Points while they have not chosen a Race yet. (I.E, when they're a Soul), in the Tutorial. But alas, I also have no basis for it.

An easy fix would be giving us a verb named "refresh-equipment" so we don't need to do the three-step hassle that is re-equipping your lost stuff. Even if you'll keep relogging and losing one skill slot every time.

Good examples to investigate are redmedic.slot2 and gbynx.slot2 if you want to load them up and see for yourself.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Probably best to make my own thread, but shock collars can also do this. I'll compile some evidence later for it.
It happens to me basically every single time I Log in, always. I'm an Amalgama and don't really do anything special beforehand. Its so inconsistent that it feels impossible to narrow down.
Though he is a summoner if its somehow tied to that, I suppose.
This should be corrected in 2.70f.