Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monoclassing buff
Trait - specialization

If your main class and sub class are the same, gain +2 to all stats except APT.

I think monoclassing is an interesting part of the game that is quite difficult to pull off because it's very far from being remotely viable, even taking into account the existance of things like aquamancer monoclassing stuff. A very generic buff that makes it at least worth considering is something that is imo missing from the game. There are a lot of people that might want to monoclass if it made sense, but instead just destiny and grab whatever second class has the best passives.

The best solution would be to add monoclassing buffs to every class, but that would take a long time.

I think this stat buff is fine enough to not be op but still be interesting. +2 to all except APT is 20 total stats. Considering something like hexer subclass can give you +6 total stats and a buff for +8, along with 10% hp, it feels in line to me. It's a bit hard to find something that will benefit every build in the game but I think it can be something simple like this.
I was just about to make a similar post. Monoclassing isn't worth it except in possibly Aquamancer, and only because it has a really strong passive that works well enough to make monoclassing potentially worth it.
Bonus skill slots is pretty irellivent, and not worth giving up another class.
Doubling the stats for using the class is a nice start, but it definately needs something else, too.

A cooler thing would be to make a 'super mainclass' only skill for every promoted class, that's only usable if your main and sub class are the same.
I'm not sure if just "+2 all stats is the answer though" Maybe if some mechanic they had was turned up to 11.
Like in my previous post in the last thread I think it would be more fun to just amp up the class fantasy through added/increased effectiveness of existing mechanics. Stat padding monoclassed characters would feel a bit cheap to me as it just runs into the current underlying issue with BK/Evoker/Hexer/Priest where these classes simply outstat you sometimes due to their simplicity.
[-] The following 5 users Like Autumn's post:
  • caliaca, Dezark, Miller, Pyro, Snake
I'd prefer my Destiny experience not make me an Overload bait.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Well again, ideally each class would have its own interesting buff to monoclassing, like aquamancer does (though aqua needs a stronger one too)

The stat idea is just a bandaid. Not one I like that much but it would at least work for any build.

But maybe what would be more interesting is taking one core skill in each promo and making it super strong if you monoclass. Kinda like how aqua just buffs your crest.

Boxer could get sturm generation doubled, ghost gets uh, idk, stronger wraithguard?

Shouldn't be too hard but ultimately this is a matter of whether dev cares enough to make it actually specialized or if he would rather use a simple buff like he did with the specialization trait in the past.

And yeah idk how much taking 60 bonus damage from overload comes into the equation here when most builds have about 80-100 bonus stats already. I can agree it's a boring buff though but that's kinda the point
(12-21-2022, 11:12 PM)Poruku Wrote: Well again, ideally each class would have its own interesting buff to monoclassing, like aquamancer does (though aqua needs a stronger one too)

The stat idea is just a bandaid. Not one I like that much but it would at least work for any build.

But maybe what would be more interesting is taking one core skill in each promo and making it super strong if you monoclass. Kinda like how aqua just buffs your crest.

Boxer could get sturm generation doubled, ghost gets uh, idk, stronger wraithguard?

Shouldn't be too hard but ultimately this is a matter of whether dev cares enough to make it actually specialized or if he would rather use a simple buff like he did with the specialization trait in the past.

And yeah idk how much taking 60 bonus damage from overload comes into the equation here when most builds have about 80-100 bonus stats already. I can agree it's a boring buff though but that's kinda the point
Mono class ghost, after placing the first wraithguard, can place a second
The big problem is monoclassing is not destiny is it's own problem but now if you make it so you can monoclass and go to 55 Skill Points then maybe you can convince more people to do it. and get bonus stats which shouldIGNORE soft cap then it be great.
I die on my 'Main Class-only skills are always enabled' Destiny feature hill.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree with that buff, but monoclassing doesn't miss out on any mainclass skills. And it's always being played as destiny. The real problem is that monoclassing means you have way less available skills than anyone else, so to compensate you need to be stronker