Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Notification Sound
Add a configurable notification that makes a soft non-intrusive beep when there are less than X people in the area, and someone within Y tiles from you posts an IC message (Say, emote) with a handy on/off button somewhere. I don't know why this isn't a thing yet, but it'd definitely speed up RPs because I KNOW a lot of you alt tab as soon as you've posted a message because you think the other side will take a while, then once the other party responds, they do the same thus actually slowing the pace down. This is most noticeable when there's only 1-4 people in the scene.

Also it's been a while since I existed, hello.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Putit's post:
  • Miller
So long as there's a toggle on this, I'd be down for it. It'd get annoying not being able to switch it off if for whatever reason you don't want to be pinged for every reply in the area, but otherwise probably a good idea!
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=9817

I made a thread to solve the same problem essentially, though having the option for a sound to be played is also pretty standard, so I'd be down for having that as an additional option to what's already been suggested.

People do alt tab a lot so this would help alleviate the need to babysit your SL2 window to make sure you don't miss when someone posts when they come at erratic intervals for one reason or another.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trexmaster's post:
  • Miller
(01-05-2023, 07:20 AM)Trexmaster Wrote: https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=9817

I made a thread to solve the same problem essentially, though having the option for a sound to be played is also pretty standard, so I'd be down for having that as an additional option to what's already been suggested.

People do alt tab a lot so this would help alleviate the need to babysit your SL2 window to make sure you don't miss when someone posts when they come at erratic intervals for one reason or another.
Ohhhhhhh whoops, didn't know it was already suggested, the two should be merged.
I approve this message.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water