Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit Mirror killing more than just your spirit.
So as the name suggests, the topic is Spirit Mirrors. I have noticed more recently that the fact they reflect the damage of guns for full damage leaves gunners at a major disadvantage for the following reasons:

Once players know you are a gunner, they abuse this item hard. If they rely on CEL and you need to overcharge just to get a hit on them, this increases the chance of you criting yourself when you hit their mirror and thus dealing more damage to yourself.

Shotgun users, in particular, get the worst of this because in order to get past the mirror, they need to basically shoot themselves for huge amounts of damage. This uses 3 momentum and gives your opponent the reduction they need to finish you off, assuming they can hit you. Which is just an autohitter's best friend.

The only real way around this is through using a handgun. But why should you have to rely on using a specific gun or using Magic (such as Ryemi) to destroy a mirror?

Which is why I propose that Spirit Mirrors should do one of two things.

1. deal 50% damage to you rather than the full 100%
2. Have a percentage chance based on their opponent's Luc to reflect somewhere else and either not hit, or not redirect the attack for full damage (based on their LUC or possibly, CEL, although it seems more logical to be LUC)
*Steals Raigen's hat.* "Woop! Now I am the cat in the hat!" *Looks down at her feet*"Or am I puss in boots?"-Lunette Katona

[Image: 4fe55e5a2d.png]
I've literally been saying this forever, and it will never get changed.

Deal with getting wrecked by mirrors.
I just can't stand that gunners take 100+ damage from a mirror then get screwed over because of it. From what I heard, Mirrors were out before gunners, and were designed to combat against Ryemi. Which makes sense because at the time, it was probably extremely crippling. But with gunners it just completely screws them over. Guns are not an autohit, so why should your ability to hit someone be sent right back at you? It seems more like a punishment.
*Steals Raigen's hat.* "Woop! Now I am the cat in the hat!" *Looks down at her feet*"Or am I puss in boots?"-Lunette Katona

[Image: 4fe55e5a2d.png]
Mirrors were around before evokers were even a thing and were meant to combat bows.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5977#p5977 Wrote:THE Xecron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:33 pm[/url]"]Once players know you are a gunner, they abuse this item hard. If they rely on CEL and you need to overcharge just to get a hit on them, this increases the chance of you criting yourself when you hit their mirror and thus dealing more damage to yourself.
1. Spirit Mirror is standard load-out for most people. It saves you from otherwise being one shot by ranged classes.
2. That Overcharge gives you a 50 hit bonus and your enemy a debilitating status effect. Spirit Mirror is only really a problem for single round guns.. which are primarily used for shell effects, and only the Pierce damage gets reflected.

There are ways around Spirit Mirror. You refusing to use them doesn't mean it needs a nerf.
I dislike spirit mirror, but only in 1v1's which ...hahaha, whenever a real rp conflict is solved 1v1, 2v1 is more common and 2v3 being the next.

In a 1v1 fight spirit mirror will shut down a gunner, but when you have a group someone can use a weak ranged attack to bust it ( ghost's gaze ability is notable) and then the gunner is golden
Happy to note a few things fairly quick. In terms of Overcharge and Charge, Safety is a wonderful thing to keep you from utterly wrecking yourself whilst still getting rid of a Spirit Mirror; even if critical hitting yourself tends to be the end process.

And as stated above, there actually are ways to get around a Spirit Mirror. If you gear a character towards utterly mass amounts of single round shot damage without remaining flexible, then yes, you will have problems. But that's also the consequence of actually not going down that route either; just like similar tactics and focus are a consequence when used by any class. Plus if it's a problem in this case, pretty sure I've seen a Spirit Mirror reflect another Spirit Mirrors reflect anyways. . .so. Options! Lovely thing right?
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
Spirit mirror does not reflect a reflected shot as far as I know. But as said, if you can't build around having a mirror trigger for some reason, then that's your fault entirely I'd say.
Going off of reflect a reflect, I see it working mostly with skill projectiles versus shots. This is because you create a"skill shot" and that entity can be shot back. Namely a few youkai skills/magic and Stone dragon.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
especially if it doesn't have the range to continue back to you....