Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit Mirror killing more than just your spirit.
I'd say to make the mirror simply nullify the projectile instead of reflecting it if the damage is too high. If you're looking to one-shot a gunner with their own projectile, go invest 10 SP into Kensei instead of trying to bank it all on some mid-rarity accessory.

(That, and the Spirit Mirror is already far more useful than most higher-rarity items to begin with. It needs a nerf anyways.)
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
If I'm correct, Spirit Mirrors are actually 9 rarity now.

Though they're much better than other accessories in that category.

EDIT- WHOOPS I WAS WRONG. Though I could have sworn Spirit Mirrors had their rarity extremely raised sometime in the past. The part about them being insanely good remains.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Maybe if guns faced the same hit penalty guns did in melee range, I'd be for it.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6009#p6009 Wrote:MegaBlues » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:44 pm[/url]"]Also, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Maybe if guns faced the same hit penalty guns did in melee range, I'd be for it.
I assume you mean 'bows did'.

I don't see how guns should be that heavily shunted for a change like that. It's still flipping the bird to the first projectile that hits the user. All it does is keep the accessory from being a showstopper.

I could understand Kensei's Blade Barrier + Deflect Shot doing it; if someone is dumb enough to attack a Kensei with a gun while facing them, they deserve to get shreked with their own ammunition. A simple accessory shouldn't be capable of causing that much misery, especially when just soaking up the hit is punishing enough.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I am heavily againts changes to Spirit Mirror. They exist for quite a while as was said and I've not seen a single gunner that couldn't work around it. Same goes for Arbalests, Mages and all projectile users. This thread strikes me as a rather inability to get yourself a secondary, weaker gun to trigger mirrors, get a whole array of subclasses that can do that, or to even check STATUS EFFECTS list. It's a punishment for hurr hurr rush I'm going to nuke you for 237 damage from my overcharged shotty and then nuke you for another 100s of an evoker and all of that within tasty two turns.

Edit : Maybe if it consumes overcharge and charged shot and negates possible crit by the gunner, then absorbing would sound fine. Mentioning crit because of fleur shenanigans.