Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Hard
The Die Hard trait presents a few flaws

1 : Luck

- The 5+LU/100 chance means that characters with Luck investment would often have something like a 5.7 chance to get back up, against up to even 10 for ones with Luck.

Which is a problem, given the stat is quite hard to justify to invest in in a lot of builds, unless the guy is a CE stacker, basic attacker or lightning mage. Really, I'd mostly just call it a design flaw.

In lengthy team fights where the Trait matters the most, it'll mean some people could very well have nearly twice as much of a chance to get back up than others, meaning that with a case of two last men standing,one of them can possibly find themselves overwhelmed by the other's allies getting back up while their own didn't get a funny lucky roll, which brings us to.

2 -RNG reliant

The trait will sometimes act like you got the plot armor of some random Isekai high schooler protagonist, or will forget about you forever.

Not much to say here.

3- SUMMONS.

Have you ever been able to finally knock out  someone, but had their little goons of sorts bidding time just for them to get back up ? Be it hoards of Youkais, a kiting guardian spirit, a wraithguard in a corner at the other side of the map... This turns the trait into a whole other new cheese where your opponent can easily utterly overwhelm you just by themselves.

So.
Here are changes I'm suggesting.

Make Die Hard a flat chance , not reliant on Luck, that progressively raises the longer the character is down. Said chance wouldn't raise with the Badly Beaten status.

And make it so the trait cannot proc if the only allies left alive on the field are allied summons of sorts.
I do like the idea of it being scaling each round you are out. Luck being a factor is silly.
Make it scale like Ki Awoken. Starts at 2, then 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 100%
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Not working with summons. . . That's a bit iffy. Not sure how I feel about that. Die hard does nerf your momentum now and all. I do feel the frustration of youkai and engineer mechs and such making it dumber though.

I'm all for the chance to be either based on aptitude, vitality, or just a flat chance and it scaling with how long you're down though. That sounds neat to me.
Tbh I would simply suggest that it be removed from the game. It's a real pain to have to deal with that kind of rng based thing in team battles which already tend to drag on too long
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • caliaca, Chugma
(01-22-2023, 04:18 PM)Poruku Wrote: Tbh I would simply suggest that it be removed from the game. It's a real pain to have to deal with that kind of rng based thing in team battles which already tend to drag on too long
Fair, but this'd bring the issue of teams having a way to "safely" revive allies like curates being overly advantaged. Which'd only further the healer and non-healer power gap.
(01-22-2023, 11:56 PM)Ray2064 Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 04:18 PM)Poruku Wrote: Tbh I would simply suggest that it be removed from the game. It's a real pain to have to deal with that kind of rng based thing in team battles which already tend to drag on too long
Fair, but this'd bring the issue of teams having a way to "safely" revive allies like curates being overly advantaged. Which'd only further the healer and non-healer power gap.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of removing it too. It's a lot of power tagged into a luck based effect that can drag out teamfights that already last a while. 

Resurrecting people via how curates do it takes momentum to do so. Resurrecting someone via curate means they aren't doing something else and while 3M or 4M for mass resurrecting isn't a massive cost, it's more than the zero that die hard actually takes. 

I think it also stands out hard because most traits are fairly low impact. We have things like stability that give 1 to 2 hp per round, things that reduce the burden of blind, and then a good amount of stuff that have no strong impact in fights or any impact in fights like madness mantra.

Then we have Die Hard that entirely warps team fights around it's existence. I play a character (ranger) that has to worry about it the least considering the range, but even then it has the possibility of changing a team fight's make up entirely simply while being a trait with essentially no downside. 

I don't think traits should have this much power baked into them and I don't think Die hard is a particularly healthy inclusion in the game in it's current state.
The existance of die hard doesn't really counterbalance other sources of reviving. That should probably be addressed in its own way.

Have you ever seen a curate proc die hard and then revive his team? Nightmares
Or maybe it should just be an auto-proc after you go down, rather than it happening at a really funny moment and prolonging a fight forevermore.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
If what you mean is Die Hard triggering at a known time, I'm afraid it'd raise the issue of coordinating to beat up someone just getting back from the grave-