Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badly Beaten Bullshit
Currently badly beaten doesn't really do too much. You lose 3m one turn, 2m the next, its not that impactful.
It also continues to go down even if you're ko'd again.

There are issues where multiple lanturnbearers can spam revive each other with another chance and/or phoenix fairly often in a row, and that just leads to really annoying and unfun gameplay, with just about no counterplay. You can't really prevent a body from being revived and acting in that same round, sometimes instantly afterwards.

(They can use silent prayer to get rid of silence and such.)

So I would like to see badly beaten ramp up faster if you're revived multiple times with it active, or, for certain defeat to be applied for a few rounds after getting defeated post revival.

(I prefer the first idea because I wouldn't really want to gimp phenex racials and such.)
Badly Beaten is already very punishing, the more times you revive the more momentum you lose, and -1m each turn for up to 4-5 turns is incredibly punishing enough already, if someone is revived 2 times in a fight, they're typically only half a body, sometimes even less than that. The system remains extremely punishing but still enables come backs in the right scenarios, I do not think that Badly Beaten needs any sort of tune ups generally.

How it works right now is that you lose 3m upon your next turn after reviving, and you gain 1 less momentum each round after that for a little while, this often means you're left with 3m when getting up, and will have 6m for the following few rounds, this can stack and ramp up to the point of a character being functionally useless to revive.

I don't see issues where multiple LBs can spam revive with second chance/phoenix due to Badly Beaten stacking already, the strongest revive in the game currently is the only one that bypasses applying badly beaten entirely, which is Phenex's (Which costs them health to use)
-1m for several turns isn't punishing, and people can just be spam revived.
And it isn't really stacking badly beaten when you're revived multiple times in a fight. You get up with 3m instead of 4m. And badly beaten still ticks down each round while you're ko'd. People have revived eight times in a fight just fine with very little drawback.
The drawbacks are far too little in my opinion for how incredibly strong it is to be revived, and how easy it is to mass revive people.

Global attacks were nerfed for being abusable in the same manner. A team full of them was toxic and had no real counterplay. The same happens when you're against a team full of lanturnbearers or spellthieves who can just spam AoE revive.

The only way to inflict certain defeat is a really terrible invocation potential on magical nova, and checkmate. Which in itself is hard to land the finishing blow with, too.

And revived people often act instantly due to turn order shenanigans since they can still move in that very same round on top of all of that. Which hey, if they also have heals, boom. Now they just heal and they fight at 6m for awhile, not a big deal.