Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampires in Korvara
We don't need a new race for Vampires in Korvara nor Huggessoan Vampires to be enabled, just saying before I get swarmed.

This could be great as a "simple" disease that you can contract while fighting specific mobs or bosses, sort of like how you'd get Porphyritic Hemophilia while fighting Vampires in The Elder Scrolls series. And this disease/injury would become worse over time, increasing its effects but having worse drawbacks on you.

With that idea in mind, here's what I have in mind, keep in mind that those names are all placeholders and numbers may be changed accordingly, my goal is to sell the idea for now.

Hemophilia Disease
Type: Debuff
Duration: Permanent
LV: 0 ~ 100
Cleansable?: No

Effects:
- Reduces all HP healing by LV.
- Reduces your Light Resistance by LV.
- Increases your Darkness Resistance by LV. (Questionable!)
- Increases Scaled Weapon ATK by 25% of LV. (Questionable!)
- Grants the skill 'Bloodsucking Bite'.
- Grants the skill 'Deadly Claws'.

Mechanics:
- Every hour tick, LV will raise by 5.
- Every round in combat will increase the LV by 5.
- Receiving an Injury will increase the LV by 10.
- Being defeated in combat will immediately raise the LV to 100 and revive you with 15% of your maximum HP. Upon being revived the LV cannot be reduced by any means until combat ends.

- It can be cured with an Hemophilia Antidote made from very specific materials which require a lot of investment and Mental Stamina to be refined with multiple Crafting classes having to work together to concoct it, and extracted blood from an infected enemy. (Syringe will need to be made by Metalworker, and equipped in your Item Belt.)

- Once Cured or upon taking the Hemophilia Antidote, you will have a buff that cannot be dispelled which lasts 50 rounds. (You can still manually dispell it by clicking on it. Multiple uses will stack indefinitely, for those dedicated Paladins who refuse being infected out there.)

Skill:
Bloodsucking Bite
3M, 10 FP, 1 round CD
Targets: Ally/Enemy
Range: 1 range.

Target a Grappled, Immobilized or Confused enemy within 1 range and savagely bite onto them, sucking their blood. Reduces the LV of your Hemophilia Disease equal to the target's Scaled VIT, to a minimum of 0. (This will not cure the debuff, only ease its side-effects.)

There is also an infliction chance (only 25% of your Status Infliction + 50% of Hemophilia Disease LV) that you will afflict them with Hemophilia Disease, and it will start at LV10. Some races, such as Glykin and Homunculi, are immune.

Skill:
Infected Claws
3M, 10 FP, 4 round CD
Targets: Enemy
Range: 1 range.

Slash at your enemy with blood-made claws, dealing Slash, Darkness and Water physical damage equal to (25% Scaled STR + 25% Dark ATK/Water ATK + 50% Hemophilia Disease LV).

For the next 3 rounds, any attempts at inflicting Hemophilia Disease will have a 50% chance of instant success on the target, and their Status Resistance will be lowered by 15.

Final Considerations and Lore:
- This will not grant IC immortality or longevity. Perhaps it can work for the purposes of stopping your aging if you keep constantly feeding, but that'd be something I would like discussion first.
- The ultimate goal of this is to bring a more grim facet of Vampirism to Korvara without a convoluted lore or gods tied to it.

- This is an infectious disease, which can be spread from both infected monsters, or players.
- Monsters in particular will gain a different Skill called 'Savage Bite', which require no Grapple and only target uninfected allies or enemies.

- The goal is to promote RP towards that, not to give mechanical advantages, so the disadvantage is intended to be very crippling.

- PLEASE HELP ME FLESH THIS OUT BETTER. Do you like it? Do you hate it? I demand your opinion, -now-!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Snake's post:
  • DogOfTheLog, Imotepchief, Miller, Shadbase

Messages In This Thread
Vampires in Korvara - by Snake - 01-29-2023, 09:35 PM
RE: Vampires in Korvara - by Raigen.Convict - 01-29-2023, 11:25 PM
RE: Vampires in Korvara - by Imotepchief - 01-30-2023, 01:09 PM
RE: Vampires in Korvara - by Frozen - 01-30-2023, 01:53 PM
RE: Vampires in Korvara - by Senna - 01-30-2023, 02:12 PM
RE: Vampires in Korvara - by Bryce_Hego - 01-30-2023, 02:43 PM
RE: Vampires in Korvara - by Snake - 01-30-2023, 07:45 PM
RE: Vampires in Korvara - by Poruku - 01-31-2023, 12:54 AM