Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyverntouched SAN Scaling adjustment
I think that Wyverntouched have it rough in the early game, and their SAN investment can be downright brutal when attempting to go for the coveted 100% poison resistance, I also think that early level/low SAN wyverntouched should be able to resist poison fairly well as well, given that it's kind of their gimmick. It confuses me even more that Wyverntouched don't start out with any poison resistance at all technically. On a sidenote, I do think this change is a bit necessary given the shift in stat point requirements, that seem to not favor SAN builds in the current metas.

Therefore I propose that Wyverntouched's poison resistance be changed in the following ways:

-Base amount of resistance is increased from 0% to 40%
-Scaling is reduced from 200% of SAN to 150% of SAN.

This WOULD reduce the total SAN needed to get from base to 100% from 50 scaled SAN to 40 scaled SAN (The same amount where poison LV30 on poison bite is present, as is the standard among most poisons)

Thank you for your consideration.
[-] The following 5 users Like Autumn's post:
  • ClaudeScythe, Dezark, firehawk11, Snake, the homestuck man himself
The base should be 30% while Ice Weakness becomes 15% (since that's the general baseline for weaknesses and resists), this way the racials become more balanced. Also ice weakness because they hate the cold, even in lore, but it doesn't reflect on them.

(Also yes increase to 175% or something, whoops, I do agree that their full immunity at 40 SAN is fair.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, Shujin
I'm okay with an ice weakness.
Ice weakness in the current meta is lethal, and their other serpentkind cousins don't have any penalties for their resistances, or in Glykin's case, immunity. Also, in another vein, Kaels only need 25 SAN to ignore blindness penalties, 13 with a trait.

I think a plain buff without any drawbacks is perfectly acceptable. Maybe even enough of one so that 30 or less SAN maxes out their resistance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MegaBlues's post:
  • Snake
I mean sure I guess.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
All the other serpentkind are kinda cracked ,except Hyattyr. Hyattyr and wyvern do feel like they need a bit of a buff, their racials feel a bit worse than other races'. Vampire bites are just better than the wyvern ones, and they always get their bonus stats.
Salamandra fire breath is just 100x better than Hyattyr's.
+1 to this, give WT the power to rise up.