Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enma's Summons
Global, 3 round CD, subject to farshot penalty, easy to be avoided due to the nature of tomes, isn't a multihit and also does not blind.

Can Enma's Summons be in similar power to Divine Shower and ignore Evasion too? Or at least gain bonus hit alongside its bonus damage the more HP the enemy is missing, or whatever.

The cooldown really put it not in a fine position when compared to its more holy sibling.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • the homestuck man himself
From what I recall, there was a lot of complaining about Divine Shower. I remember, to a slightly lesser extent, complaints that Divine Shower very clearly outclassed Enma's Summons for general purpose fighting.

I always found it strange that they both got hit by the exact same nerf.

So +1 to it at least giving the two another comparison.
As far as I know, only basic attacks are ever subject to the farshot penalty. Enma's Summons seems strong enough as it is, global metas are not very fun metas to me personally.
I don't think enma's is subject to the farshot penalty, and if it is, it isn't supposed to be.
Enma's is also just fine, its strong, and still instantly annihalates enemy mobs after a boar bear trap.
Divine Shower can blind and isn't able to be evaded, but its also light damage, and is in a class that generally lacks offensive power.
It does however have 180% Light attack scaling.
(Multi hits are worse against tanks, though not to the degree physical multi hits are.)

Enma's summon on the other hand does more damage that ramps up with lower hp foes, and is in a more offensively orientated class.
Though it does start at 140% Dark attack only, which is worse than Divine shower.
It can be evaded, sure. But hexes can make people unable to evade your basics.
(I would be all for making that hex also be affected by hexer spells, however. As all spells when this skill was created were already undodgable.)
They're generally used for different situations. And Enma's was actually considered more toxic than divine shower when tied with high speed divine words, which is still possible, though the cooldown makes it a lot less stupid doing so.
Another thing to consider is that getting dark attack is easier than getting light attack, as blotch raises your dark attack a lot, as does being an Umbral. And Baphomet's offering.
And that you can give people dark weaknesses with Eresh's potential skill. But there's not really a way to give light weaknesses as far as I know.
(Not counting generic stuff like aquae crest and indignant idol.)

Frankly I think Enma's is fine, and i'd rather the more outdated aspects of hexer be updated to the new systems rather than Enma's be the sole focus of tinkering.

Edit: I also think it'd be fine if Enma's Summons would make people un-revivable if defeated by the spell. You're literally pulled in by the gatekeeper of the underworld!
Remove the cooldown but it doesn't need anything else.

It doesn't incur farshot penalties and it certainly doesn't need to ignore evasion.
It's already good at what it does, and spammable globals are rarely any fun for anyone.  I'm against changing this.

When compared to Divine Shower, three things come to mind:
  1. Enma's will tend to match, and then begin to rapidly pass, Shower's damage at about 90% health.  (At which point it deals 120% SWA + 168% Dark ATK)
  2. Divine Shower has an incredibly high power level for something that should be weighed as 'the standard'.
  3. Enma's is compatible with HSDW, while Shower isn't.
That's my two cents.
[-] The following 6 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Autumn, caliaca, Miller, Pyro, Shujin, Snake
Lower the cooldown of Enma's to 2 rounds? If it needs any sort of buff?
But again, in a less wordy reply i'd like to once again state that I think other things in hexer should be modernized, not that Enma's really needs a buff.
(I'd like hexes to affect hexer spells too. Evil force not fucking guns.)
If the cooldown is lowered to 2 rounds it'll probably be enough here, I guess. The cooldown is way too long for something that has ample counterplay. Enma's is not really that swole when compared to Divine Shower's stacked nature.

Either lower the cooldown, or make the darkness damage ignore protection when the enemy is under a certain HP threshold so it can be a tank buster.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]