Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.70c] Hidden Crit! (Where Has It Gone??)
Hisen's potential doesn't seem to factor in weapon crit damage modifiers or weapon crit chance for Hidden Cut's chance to crit.
Other crit buffs might also not apply to Hisen Hidden Cut - all I could test with was Poise, which didn't work.

The first point is important as the Hisen has an innate 125% crit modifier. The second part is important because without weapon crit or crit buffs, this thing isn't going to crit anything with even a mote of crit evade.

[Image: tPvd3td.png]

We're looking at the Critical check and the Critical hit multi of these debug logs. This is a basic attack! All very well and good.

[Image: 67r1dYQ.png]

Hisen's Hidden Cut is down by 25 on the Critical hit multi and 27 on the Critical check! If we look at the Hisen in question...

[Image: icfZLmk.png]

125% Crit multiplier and 27 critical, the values absent for Hidden Cut. Hence, Hidden Cut doesn't use any value from the weapon other than SWA.

This makes sense since Hidden Cut has only ever had the potential to Lightning Crit before, which works off of a different, pre-existing calculation that has been on many skills, whereas raw, regular skill critting like this is new and Hidden Cut has never had any need to draw on such values.

I'm electing to assume this is a bug because, while most other skills that can crit either have fixed crit damage modifiers, (Flame Art: Explosion and Dancer (i've never played dancer so this could be wrong)) or scale off of something other than GUI (Lightning Crits), they also use crit chance buffs and weapon values, unless I'm mistaken. They should do if they don't, but you didn't hear it from me!

Ranger's Twin Shot might also be subject to this if it works similarly, but I'll limit this to Hisen alone for now.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • Kameron8
I'm going to chime in here to say that just in case this is regarded as 'not a bug', I'd like to note out that Hisen's scaled weapon attack and power is low for purposes that I assume are related to it's critical damage effect, it doesn't even obtain two-handed in an optimal way either, needing an enchantment or a newly obtainable material which diminishes it's accuracy greatly. So I don't predict that allowing it to scale from it's base critical damage is going to get out of hand.

And if it is a bug? Sick.
I'm gonna also add in that it seems as if Throwing Dagger's potential is the same way.
I really hope this is a bug, and not just an intended mechanic.
I would hope that this is just a holdover from how lightning crits never used your weapon's crit or crit multiplier. Which made sense for those skills, as they have other ways of being buffed, and did full scaling and full elemental attack.

For the other weapons, twin shot included, I would hope that the weapon's base crit multiplier does count, unless that would somehow be just too overpowered.
This was corrected in one of the hotfixes. Also, as far as I can tell, Deadly Roundabout didn't have the same issue; the crit multiplier for its attacks seems to be correctly accounting for the weapon's.
For Deadly Roundabout, it was doing about half of my regular basic with the weapon even with all crits. This seems wrong.