Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avoiding Eviter
Eviter overwrites all other parry attempts. It selfishly takes centre stage, even when toggled off, even when inapplicable!

This is a bit silly. I don't want to Eviter when I'm being shot at since I can't; I want to shoot the projectile out of the air with my gun, but so long as I have Eviter equipped, I'm denied the possibility of using any other parry skill. Now, I'm not saying there should be multiple rolls for parries when being attacked, and that you should cycle through your 500 defensive martial arts methods in a picosecond in the face of an approaching attack, but being outright denied any other parry skill just for having one specific one equipped?

There's flawed logic in making a reactionary skill with a toggle so selfish in comparison to other similar skills but the toggle doesn't remove the downside, only the upsides.

Either get rid of the toggle so I don't have reason to complain or make the toggle disable Eviter's parry checks, thus allowing other parries to function (and thereby making the toggle useful).
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 3 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • Fern, Miller, Snake
I really highly agree. If you have multiple parries you should be able to use your passives bar in battle to toggle which one you want active, and which ones you don't want active. No clue how hard that'd be to change the code to allow, but it would certainly be more intuitive and fun.
High time for parries to be able to be stacked and properly catalogued, so this way they don't overlap each other and can sometimes stack together, but only for the purposes of each accomplishing its role.

I.E Bullet Barrier + Eviter letting you parry bullets, but also parry melee weapons. Each in its own situational condition. Not just "Eviter is always on so if I get shot it won't work even if Bullet Barrier is active".

This honestly just makes me wish Bullet Barrier in particular was reverted to its old interaction.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, Shujin
I will note out that parries do follow a logical pattern, with all of them taking precedence in order of their damage reductions, the main complaint being told here I assume is the inability to turn them off in order to use other parries, which offers the trade off of being vulnerable to other weapons during those turns. (More effective a downside in non 1v1 scenarios)

If I were able to equip Ice Point Guard and Bullet Barrier to deal with every front facing attack in the game except from daggers all at once, I don't think it'd be a very interactive experience as a whole.

However a current method of utilizing these parries is with the knowledge that they all work in order, and allowing you to activate them in specific ways in order to swap between parry stances, such as with using Bullet Barrier and having Tonfa Parry, you would only need to de-activate the conditions for Bullet Barrier to apply (IE: Swapping to a different stance), a poor example given the existence of Know No Pain in the same class but it is one I will provide to explain how it actually works.

If the thread in question here is not asking for parries to stack in weapon coverage, but allow you to swap between parry abilities on the fly (Likely through a toggle on stalemate/eviter, as they both have no condition for activation) so that you don't have to go through your skill list for separate encounters, especially in PvE, then this is something I can support.
Thats pretty much what I would like to happen. I know I had struggled with IPG and Eviter in the past, it flat out canceled each other's parries back then for having two aka NONE worked (Not sure if it still does that), but the way I wanted to play is, keep IPG up for a while as its more universally applicable and during that time have Eviter turned off, once I decide to use the IPG I would swap back to Eviter to atleast have some defense.

That playstyle is currently not possible and I would like for such and similar as described by you to be possible.
Quote:If the thread in question here is not asking for parries to stack in weapon coverage, but allow you to swap between parry abilities on the fly (Likely through a toggle on stalemate/eviter, as they both have no condition for activation) so that you don't have to go through your skill list for separate encounters, especially in PvE, then this is something I can support.

Yep, that's what I want. I want to be able to toggle Eviter off in order to use a different parry.

I originally made a bug report because I thought that the reason Eviter had a toggle was FOR this purpose; a natural and intuitive thought process, I'm sure you'll agree. I don't really support or advocate for multiple parry checks per attack because of obvious balance issues.

Eviter has a toggle, toggling Eviter off doesn't seem to stop the checks, it just stops the DR. If it stopped the checks, there'd be an actual reason for the toggle to exist, as it'd let you use a different parry. That's what I want. Nothing more.
number 1 GTer EU
I find being able to stack them more convenient than toggling them, but that might be just me being lazy and a QoL maniac.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree 100,000%. It has a toggle. Make the toggle DO SOMETHING!